Camskill offer on Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

EmDee

Omnishambolic
I did consider the Verdestines but all the local tyre places i went to slated them.

Of course they did. I don't suppose they said anything in particular, or at all constructive. I bet they just said "they're crap mate"

Most of them are more concerned about brand names and the related profit margins.

They all hate Vredesteins because they can only supply them for like £160 a corner (if at all), so they'd rather sell you some Good Years that they make more money on.

I hate all tyre shops, don't get me started! [:@]

If you read this thread you will see unbiased opinion from experienced drivers who have tried many other brands. They really are good tyres, I was shocked at how good they were when I first put them on and have been every day since.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Camskill are doing the F1 asymmetric in 225/40/18 for £199.90 a pair delivered at the moment. I did consider the Verdestines but all the local tyre places i went to slated them, the F1's seem ok at the moment but cant really notice much difference except an increase in noise.

They probably slated them because they dont know anything about them , we cant all be wrong on here about them !
Why listen to tyre shops anyway they only try and sell you tyres they make the most mark up on , have a search on other VW forums and you will see that these tyres work well on our cars.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
They are good in the wet, more so with lateral grip than ability to reduce wheelspin :)

yeah, i've noticed this!

i can go around roundabouts / corners a lot quicker in dry and especially in damp / wet conditions!
they give so much confidence going into a corner in damp wet conditions now!

if you go on youtube, there's a video showing there testing a development of these, it helped make my mind up! ;)

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
The tyre dealers told me the same sort of story too and that michelins and goodyears are way better, no doubt michelins are good tyres but are they worth twice as much?? Trouble is years ago Vredstein were a lesser brand obviously now they are making very good tyres and I'm considering them as well. Also local fitters near to me saying that certain big name tyre fitters are actually owned by the tyre manufacturers of the brand they will recommend/fit especially to fleet vehicles where from experience you're told what you're having and the price is double!

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
My dads in the trade and I got him to get me a price from his tyre dealer for these and the guy said they were rubbish, only a budget tyre, recommended I get some Goodyears or something. I ended up getting the Sessantas on offer on Cam Skill and haven't regretted it! :)

GunnerCP

Jul 24, 2009
London
I've got two of these fitted on the front, getting the rears changed in a couple of days, i'm impressed already. Haven't driven it too hard yet as they've only just been put on and the car was serviced today but they certainly are much quieter than the PZEROs, Dunlops and Bridgestones I've had.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
people using these what do you think now had on cars for few weeks, i am after some for my lcr changing from Eagle F1 Asymmetric. whats wear rate like on them an how well do they corner in wet? thankyou

unbelieveable in the wet! :-o no lateral slide at all!:funk:
you won't be dissappointed if you buy them! ;)

EmDee

Omnishambolic
people using these what do you think now had on cars for few weeks, i am after some for my lcr changing from Eagle F1 Asymmetric. whats wear rate like on them an how well do they corner in wet? thankyou

Outstanding in all areas of performance mate (especially the wet), I used to have F1s myself.

The wear rate seems okay but I've not had them too long. People say it's quite good.

Poverty

F1's will be the daddy of the road legal summer road tire till the toyo r1r's become available in the UK.

Poverty

EVO and their result:
1) Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
2) Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
3) Continental Contisport Contact 3
4) Bridgestone Potenza RE050-A
5) Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
6) Pirelli PZero Nero
7) Kumho Ecsta STP KU31
8) Dunlop Sport Maxx
9) Yokohama S.Drive

Autocar and their result:
1) Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
2) Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
3) Bridgestone Potenza RE050-A
4) Continental Contisport Contact 3
5) Pirelli PZero Nero / Rosso

Autocar Videos - Autocar.co.uk

Tire track and their result:
1. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
2. Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
3. Continental ContiSportContact 3
4. Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

Autobild and their result:
1. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
2. Hankook ventus V12 evo
3. Pirelli P Zero Nero
4. Dunlop SP Sport Maxx
5. Contintenal Sportcontact 3
6. Michelin Pilot exalto 2

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i remember looking at those test results......fair enough it does show the F1's are good and topped all 4 tests, but only the EVO test included the Vreds in their testing....hardly a fair comparison in deciding F1's or Vreds :shrug:

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Would you say the F1's were better fella?

Quite similar in the dry, I did like the F1's very much. But in the wet there is no comparison. The F1's are good summer tyres (unless you're in the UK), but the Vredesteins are good all year round.

And as for the test results above, as Air121005 says, only Evo tested the Vredesteins so the other tests are not at all relevant to this thread. If you look at wet weather performance alone the f1s would get OWNED.

The F1's are great, but if it's a wet race I'd take the ultrac sessantas thanks. Living in the UK you know it makes sense.

Poverty

Quite similar in the dry, I did like the F1's very much. But in the wet there is no comparison. The F1's are good summer tyres (unless you're in the UK), but the Vredesteins are good all year round.

And as for the test results above, as Air121005 says, only Evo tested the Vredesteins so the other tests are not at all relevant to this thread. If you look at wet weather performance alone the f1s would get OWNED.

The F1's are great, but if it's a wet race I'd take the ultrac sessantas thanks. Living in the UK you know it makes sense.

I live for the summer.

But seeing as I need 2-3 sets of tires a year, I might try some vreds for the winter season.

However it is clear that in the dry the goodyear assys dominate and are better.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.