Camskill offer on Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Quite similar in the dry, I did like the F1's very much. But in the wet there is no comparison. The F1's are good summer tyres (unless you're in the UK), but the Vredesteins are good all year round.

And as for the test results above, as Air121005 says, only Evo tested the Vredesteins so the other tests are not at all relevant to this thread. If you look at wet weather performance alone the f1s would get OWNED.

The F1's are great, but if it's a wet race I'd take the ultrac sessantas thanks. Living in the UK you know it makes sense.

Disagree. The only thing I would say is better about the Sessanta is cornering grip in the wet. Traction is no better in the wet than the F1 Assy's and neither is braking - in fact I would say the F1's are better in the wet in this respect.

We will see how the Sessanta's cope with snow next - on that respect, I found the F1 Assy's to be much better than their predecessor, the regular F1's.

I am bummed I bought 4 of the Sessantas to be honest for the reasons I posted above, especially because I wont get a proper r/r reading out of them until I change to something that does not spin on the rollers - like F1 Assymetrics.

EmDee

Omnishambolic
yeah, they're better than I expected. I was sort of thinking the lateral grip would be fine but they would fall down when accelerating and braking, but actually they're fine at all of the above. The thing is that you won't get summer tyres that are any good in the ice, so all things considered i was quite impressed. This is coming from someone who is used to Gislaved studded snow tyres in the winter ;) Google that sh!t ;)

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
I need a full set of new tyres for my Cupra and decided to go for the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, i want to buy them fitted as dont want to faff around buying them off one person and getting them fitted off someone else.

Any one recommend a good place and price to but them in the Manchester/Bolton area ?

Cheers Jason.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
yeah, they're better than I expected. I was sort of thinking the lateral grip would be fine but they would fall down when accelerating and braking, but actually they're fine at all of the above. The thing is that you won't get summer tyres that are any good in the ice, so all things considered i was quite impressed. This is coming from someone who is used to Gislaved studded snow tyres in the winter ;) Google that sh!t ;)

they look a bit special!

i have since been out in the ice and can concur, i'm pleasently surprised at the Vreds performance!
very happy with these tyres all round performance :funk:.....don't think i'll buy anything else ever again!

EmDee

Omnishambolic
I need a full set of new tyres for my Cupra and decided to go for the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, i want to buy them fitted as dont want to faff around buying them off one person and getting them fitted off someone else.

Any one recommend a good place and price to but them in the Manchester/Bolton area ?

Cheers Jason.

faff about mate, you'll save a fortune - £188 from Camskill vs. £260-odd at my local tyre shop. I'm sure you can get them fitted for less than £72!

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
I got two fitted to the front of my FRTDI for £95 a corner. I have to say that these tyres are wonderful!! If the GoodYears are better than these, they must be a pretty special tyre! But the Vredesteins have literally transformed my car. I had the Michelin Pilot Exaltos on all four corners before, and they were a bag of sh!t. Could hardly put the power down in the dry, nevermind the wet. I had the best two put on the rear, then the new ones on the front.

It was 100% worth the price in my mind, it has given me a whole new confidence in my car!

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
I went for the Falkens 452's and putting the power down is tricky on these even tho I had my TDI FR remapped to 220bhp and 340lbs of torque.

Think I should of gone for these