Camskill offer on Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
is there any clear cut way of telling what tyres have rim protection and which ones do not...? or do you just need to ask this before purchasing? Anything in any of the advertising to let you know, from what i have looked at i cant find anything :(

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
is there any clear cut way of telling what tyres have rim protection and which ones do not...? or do you just need to ask this before purchasing? Anything in any of the advertising to let you know, from what i have looked at i cant find anything :(

If you ask the supplier should be able to tell you.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
There are a few goods deals to be had away from the Eagle F1s - these have also come out well in reviews - often rated as better than the Vredenstein tyres and are cheaper too.

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Now on the Cupra:

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

Going to get the Catalunya's powder coated and use them as winter wheels...

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
looks good mate , are they more anthracite than grey?
are you using spacers?

can you get a side on view so can see how far they stick out.

cheers.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
I really still rate the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A,s that came with it new. On 12k now and the fronts still have 4mm and the backs 6mm. Considering the spec i,m running they grip well ,wet or dry and last forever. Just picked up a set for £185 delivered to my door so i,ll be sticking to these for now.

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
looks good mate , are they more anthracite than grey?
are you using spacers?

can you get a side on view so can see how far they stick out.

cheers.

No spacers, but the front clearance is, erm, snug, I think that the colour is a grey area,(sorry,that's a terrible pun) they stick out about the same as the Catalunyas did, haven't driven it yet, due to the flu :(
Blade, where did you get the Bridgestones from, and is that price for 4 tyres??

Last edited:

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Stupid Question

Okay so my new tyres arrived a few minutes ago and before I get on the phone to camskill, I thought I'd make sure I'm not being dense.

The tyres tell you which side goes on the inside, but when you've done that shouldn't they be symmetrical when placed next to each other?

What I mean by that is if you order two tyres, shouldn't they have different moulds?

Here is a pic of what's been delivered, I would say that the one on the right hand side in the pic is okay for the nearside front (if you imagine the car is facing you), but I believe I need to swap one for an offside tyre?

tyres.jpg

So should I ring them or are they all meant to have the same mould?

Last edited:

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Just gone for 2 Falken 452's

Was gonna buy the Sessnas but these are about 25 pound cheaper per tyre and are recommended on here also.

I was gonna buy 2 a few days ago, gutted I never now as my left front tyre has puntchured and is unrepairable.

So here I am driving round on the spare glad its the weekend where I wont need do much driving.

I will have to do 40 miles on Monday maybe Tuesday under 50mph should I be ok?

How quick do camskill deliver ordered about a hour ago.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Had these on a while now and here is my opinion - dont buy them. Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics are better.

Comparing the two -

Goodyears make less noise
Goodyears give more grip
Goodyears give better traction
Goodyears smoke less
Goodyears dont stop your car from giving a proper reading on a rolling road

It has not been possible to compare the wear on both so far, but to be honest, I dont care if the Goodyears wear twice as quick - next time I will replace these Vredsteins with the F1 Assys again as they are definitely superior.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
i would have a comparison going the other way vreds to assys but the muppet at the tyre shop put the goodyear efficient grip on which to be fair are on a par with the vreds but certainly wont be going back there again.

as soon as the pirellis wear out mine will be replaced with the Goodyears asymetricals i've had them on most cars in the past and whislt they might be less grippy in the dry they are brilliant in the wet and thats more important to me.

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
blade where did you get your bridgestone re050a for that price, I too want to try to stick to them but i cant find them anywhere near that price???

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.