Boot Lid Shut indicator on Dash

mikeholroyd

my rear wipers been leaking in my boot and my wheel arch, now my boot light on the dash doesn't even come on at all.. Nor does my interior boot light work? Any ideas?

Try unplugging the multiplugs behind the wheel arch trim nearside. If the washer pipe has come apart, washe fluid could have got into the plugs and started corroding. This happened on my Octavia, and needed a good soak in WD40 to neutralise the fluid and dry it out. On mine, you could actually hear the multiplugs fizzing.

Same thing happened when the pipe came off inside the boot lid at the washer nozzle -- washer fluid leaked down through the hatch onto the boot lock, and goosed the central locking electrics in the lock mechanism. Cost me a new lock to repair.

Mike

mikeyg_uk

Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2008
Brighton
I took the boot trim off yesterday and the plugs to the boot catch look fine.. However when looking at the multi plugs over the nearside rear arch were all blue, so it's obviously been leaking for ages.

Ive used electrical contact cleaner (as suggested in this post) to clean each of the plugs (pink, beige and black plugs) but as yet no joy. There was a glimmer of hope when the boot light flickered on when putting it back in its mounting but nothing since. Im going to let it dry out some more and see what happens.

If, worst case scenario, the plugs have had it. Is it possible to replace them with ned plugs, are these available to buy? Can anyone also tell me, which plugs services what function?

Thanks

mikeyg_uk

Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2008
Brighton
Very true, but id rather not bodge it unless its absolutely necessary. This is a picture of the boot, looks ok to me? Ill try and add a picture of the multi plugs when I get a chance in the light.
photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

Last edited:

mikeyg_uk

Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2008
Brighton
finally got to the bottom of the problems.. It was nothing to do with the locking mechanism on the boot lid, it was the multi plugs over the nearside arch where the wiring to the rear of the car joins. There are three plugs in total, they covered the following functions for me:

Pink: Rear heated windscreen, rear wiper motor and reverse light (strangely didn't incorporate the wiper pump, i think!)
Beige: Only operated the central locking solenoid to the boot and nothing else.
Black: Rear fog light, boot light indicator, rear break lights and interior boot light.

Here is a picture of the nearside rear multi plugs for information:
photo-1.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.