Autoart drl headlights fitted.

Helper12345

May 13, 2011
Had the Autoart headlights with drls fitted today, first impression quite favorable.Just been out in dark, again seem fine, maybe a little upward adjustment needed if possible.
They appear to be like the Dectane ones (see You Tube videos).
The only catch is the way they are wired means that they only come on when the light control is turned to sidelight setting. As a result the rear lights are also on - not ideal.
(Thought about removing rear light fuse during daylight driving, but could not find one listed in handbook).

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Had the Autoart headlights with drls fitted today, first impression quite favorable.Just been out in dark, again seem fine, maybe a little upward adjustment needed if possible.
They appear to be like the Dectane ones (see You Tube videos).
The only catch is the way they are wired means that they only come on when the light control is turned to sidelight setting. As a result the rear lights are also on - not ideal.
(Thought about removing rear light fuse during daylight driving, but could not find one listed in handbook).

would it be easier to wire the drls to a switch live?

Helper12345

May 13, 2011
Good morning everyone, what is the easiest way of posting photos, for the old and modern technology infirm?

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
Which make are the ones that look identical the the Xenons with the same DRL design etc? I thought they were AutoArt, Unless theyre Depo or Dectane ones?

Helper12345

May 13, 2011
Going in on Friday to see if the drls can be wired independently to come on with just the ignition, without the side/tail lights as well.

AL90

Dec 14, 2011
Sheffield
how much were they just out of interest?
I contacted Dectane in the past who told me that the lights would only be available in LHD, are they LHD as well, they do look very similar to the Dectane ones.

Helper12345

May 13, 2011
Bought them from Modun, there is a link to them in an earlier thread on this subject.

Got them wired up properly today, they now come on with just the ignition, minus the rear lights.
They then go off when the side lights/main beams come on. (The sidelights are quite small).

gregdaisley

Bought them from Modun, there is a link to them in an earlier thread on this subject.

Got them wired up properly today, they now come on with just the ignition, minus the rear lights.
They then go off when the side lights/main beams come on. (The sidelights are quite small).

Very nice mate! how did you achieve the independent DRL's that deactivate when the light switch is moved from off to side/dipped beam?

Helper12345

May 13, 2011
They are RHD
The work was done by an auto electrician, sorry to have to say I cannot tell exactly what he did. May have mentioned something about a relay?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.