Halogen headlights drl coding obd11

May 3, 2023
Hello,

I have the halogen headlights on my facelifted ST with the LED triangle as parking light, pictured as followed;
JXoEPJs.jpg

(Not my picture)

The car is equipped with a light sensor and during daylight it uses the halogen lowbeam as drl with the taillights off.
I was wondering if it would be possible to change the drl lights to use the LED parking lights insead with obd11.

Haven't really managed to figure out how to do this, so I'm wondering if anyone here can help?

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Yes, absolutely it will be possible. From the attached picture, low beam will be found in the central electronics 09 mocule under leuchte 6 and 7. Look at the Lichtfunction of these bulbs, and you will find they are coded for DRL, with dimming value set at 100
The triangle LEDs are Leuchte 4 and 5. Again look at the Lichtfunction of these. If you need to, add the function of the DRL to Leuchte 4 and 5, and remove the DRL function entries on Leuchte 6 and 7. Set the dimming value for the DRL function to 127
Make sure you note down exactly what you change EVERY time in case you need to return it back to as it is.

It is also possible (as I have done on my car) to program the rear lights to come on with DRL. Simply add DRL functions to the 4 tail lights, which from the second picture are Leuchte 20 & 23 (left) and leuchte 21 & 24 (right), also Leuchte 25 for rear number plate lights

Attachments

• Non-LED front light designations.png
    Non-LED front light designations.png
    361.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Non-LED rear light designations.png
    Non-LED rear light designations.png
    326 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Reactions: MilioR
May 3, 2023
Yes, absolutely it will be possible. From the attached picture, low beam will be found in the central electronics 09 mocule under leuchte 6 and 7. Look at the Lichtfunction of these bulbs, and you will find they are coded for DRL, with dimming value set at 100
The triangle LEDs are Leuchte 4 and 5. Again look at the Lichtfunction of these. If you need to, add the function of the DRL to Leuchte 4 and 5, and remove the DRL function entries on Leuchte 6 and 7. Set the dimming value for the DRL function to 127
Make sure you note down exactly what you change EVERY time in case you need to return it back to as it is.

It is also possible (as I have done on my car) to program the rear lights to come on with DRL. Simply add DRL functions to the 4 tail lights, which from the second picture are Leuchte 20 & 23 (left) and leuchte 21 & 24 (right), also Leuchte 25 for rear number plate lights

Thank you for your reply, now know where to look.
However I'm kinda confused from how it's currently set up. I can't find what currently defines the low beam as DRL.
(Bear in mind, I haven't changed anything in these specific menus before)

Here's how it looks on the left parking light and the left low beam,

Screenshot_2023-11-06-19-26-34-91_e12f25f1a1eef3fba9ad2471f7cb9c73.jpg
Screenshot_2023-11-06-19-26-28-31_e12f25f1a1eef3fba9ad2471f7cb9c73.jpg

May 3, 2023
Managed to find a solution to this after playing around a bit.
So if anyone comes across this in the future, there's a menu under central electrics>adaptation called "Aussenlicht_Front" where I had to change the settings for DRL.
This is how I believe they work, mine was set to the middle option which is why it used the low beam;

IMG_20231115_095933.jpg

Nov 21, 2023
Thank you for your reply, now know where to look.
However I'm kinda confused from how it's currently set up. I can't find what currently defines the low beam as DRL.
(Bear in mind, I haven't changed anything in these specific menus before)

Here's how it looks on the left parking light and the left low beam,

View attachment 39007 View attachment 39008
Hello,

I have a question.

I have a Seat Ibiza V (2017) with DRLs and I want to know if I can do something about DRLs being on all the time (and with headlights on, but kinda dimmed). Is there a way?

Thanks a lot.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Hello,

I have a question.

I have a Seat Ibiza V (2017) with DRLs and I want to know if I can do something about DRLs being on all the time (and with headlights on, but kinda dimmed). Is there a way?

Thanks a lot.
It all depends on what type of BCM is fitted to the Ibiza. If its the same type as in the Leon, then it is possible by adding the function of DRL to low beam, and setting intensity to whatever you want. Brings back memories of the 80's with dim-dip :D . Really can't say whether this is the case with the Ibiza though as it isn't based on the MQB platform. If it has a PQ25BCM, then the answer is no.
Hope this helps

Nov 21, 2023
So, today I've noticed that DRLs keep flashing. They are off and after a few minutes they are on. I don't know how is this possible. I didn't do any modification on that. It started by itself.
Any explanation?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.