Seat Ibiza 63 Reg - Headlight Issue

Nov 28, 2020
Hi, I’ve tried looking but I cannot find any answers. I have a SEAT Ibiza 63 reg 1.2 and I’ve noticed my headlights stay on even when in the off position. In off, auto and full the headlights stay on fully. The only time they go off is if I put it into sidelights then only the sidelights come on. When I turn the engine off the lights go off but I’m just wondering what it could be. I brought a new switch and fitted that and the lights did the same thing with that so I don’t no what it can be.

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Was this not just SEAT being a bit cheap when it came to rolling out DRL functionality with these cars, ie earlier cars did not have DRL functionality and later cars had sensible DRL functionality?

Nov 28, 2020
Was this not just SEAT being a bit cheap when it came to rolling out DRL functionality with these cars, ie earlier cars did not have DRL functionality and later cars had sensible DRL functionality?

I have no idea. It’s bugging me like crazy. I normally get most my answers from YouTube but I’ve yet to anything that gives me any help. The garage said it was most likely the switch was faulty as they’ve had loads in with that issue so that got changed but it’s still leaving the lights on in the off position

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hopefully someone with same age car will post with same or better reasoning than I did, I have a feeling that I've read the same story concerning same age Polos.

Nov 28, 2020
Hopefully someone with same age car will post with same or better reasoning than I did, I have a feeling that I've read the same story concerning same age Polos.

It may just be something I have to deal with. Unless I take it to the local Seat. But I have a feeling doing that may find me more problems on the list than I’d like or want to spend.

I’ve got enough on the list as it stands with having to find out all the part numbers to reinstate the rear wiper motor/arm etc as someone before removed it.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
From a bad experience I had when repairing the rear wiper on my wife's old 2002 Polo, don't guess that the Ibiza Polo and Fabia of same versions all have the same motor assemblies, shaft length seems to vary, or did with the much earlier ones, Fabia used an older Golf repair kit but when I followed by buying the same for that 2002 Polo, the shafts were too short!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members