Probee's Red Leon Cupra R - Karma Detailing the Beast

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Karma when detailing a beautiful beast
-----

pinnacle - the highest or culminating point, as of success, power, fame.

For me when the opportunity came to detail this amazing car, I knew whether there was rain, wind, thunder and snow it was always going to happen. For me this Leon at the moment, as a project, is moving to the pinnacle of what monstrously fast front wheel drive cars should be.

Amazing Alloys, CHECK.
Amazing Interior, CHECK..
Amazing Engine bay, CHECK.
Amazing stance, CHECK.
Big turbo, CHECK.
Monstrously quick, CHECK.

Here is the car when I arrived. Unfortunately due to the car having lots of work being done on it recently Probee hasn’t had time to clean her. There was lots of dirt where panels joined together and tar marks littered everywhere. However there was some nice beading still on the car from the Dodo Juice Orange Crush.

With that in mind I chose the following products to tackle the job.

IMG_2632.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2635.JPG

IMG_2636.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG

PRODUCTS

Wash n Drying
- Lusso Autobathe Shampoo
- Chemical Guys Orange Degreaser
- Autosmart Tardis
- Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
- Valet Pro Snow Foam
- Meguairs All Purpose Cleaner
- Super Plush drying towel
- Chemical Guys and Meguairs microfibres

Body Work
- Sonus Green clay
- Menzerna Power Finish (106FA)
- Dodo Juice Lime Prime
- Meguairs ScratchX

Glazes, Sealants and Waxes
- CarLack 68 Pure Sealant
- Dodo Juice Red Mist

Plastics, Rubbers and Glass
- Autoglym Rubber and Vinyl Care
- Tesco Glass Cleaner
- WD40

Tools
- Meguiars G220 mk2 machine polisher
- Karcher Pressure washer
- Sonus foam applicators
- Menzerna Polish Pad (Orange)
- Sonus Green Polishing Pad
- Swissvax Detail Brush
- Meguiars Wheel Spoke Brush
- Vikan Brushes
- 3M 3434 Masking Tape
- 500W Halogens

Here are the pictures of the processes/detail.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
IMG_2733.JPG

IMG_2736.JPG

Detailers Notes
- Paint was softer than other Leons I correct. Possibly cause it’s not a metallic and a different clear coat used?
- Correction level was 95-6%
- Some very fine RDS on the rear panels however only visible on certain angles
- CarLack Pure Sealant works really well with reds. Red mist also works well with carlack to leave a wet finish
- 106FA works better in colder conditions than 203s. Not sure why, possibly longer work time generates more heat?

Massive thank you to Probee for feeding me throughout the day and keeping me busy. Was a pleasure detailing this amazing car and cant wait to work on her next year.

:)

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
TOP BLOKE and TOP JOB... well done buddy, the day flew by.... we must have done too much chatting.

If any of you are sitting on the fence on this one, Maz really is worth every penny. I could do this myself but would i have the same results as Maz, i doubt it very much. I cant stress enough how important it is to keep your car protected through the winter months. i know now that this will outlast winter and i can carry on as normal next year.

thanks again mate.... we'll have to meet up for a beer rather than for back ache!!

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
That looks really nice now aaron. Top job Maz, Aaron really does sing your praises. Ill defo be giving you a ring when my mk5 needs doing.

cheers Leigh, It's amazing how you look past the swirls and scratches and never see them.... But, once detailed you can't stop looking at how perfect it is.

jezza49

cupra tdi 150
Jul 1, 2008
maidstone, kent
a top job there the car looks great! i so need to get mine done! maz if you dont mind would you pm me price details atall......again great job and car looks mint....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.