Mk5 Seat Ibiza 1.6CR TDI - Paint Correction - Track Grey

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The Mrs was complaining how I don’t look after her car like I do mine. Also I hadn't detailed/washed the car since the "cementgate" and neighbour "crashgate" incidents bar claying which was over 6-7 months ago so she had a point.

As spring has arrived I decided to give the car a full paint correction detail 4 weeks. I should have really taken proper pictures and done a full write up but think I am getting a tad lazy recently!

The Process:
1) Cleaned wheels with Megs APC and Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner. I used EZ Wheel Brush and various vikan brushes
2) Cleaned arches using various brushes. Chemicals used were Citrus prewash and megs APC.
3) Foamed and pressure washed with ValetPro snow foam. I then Washed car with Dodo Juice Supernatural and sheepskin wash mitt. Washed from top down, straight lines using two bucket method and changing rinse bucket twice.
4) Clayed car (including windows) using Sonus Green and Megs Last Touch Detailer
5) Rinsed and dried with plush drying towel
6) Car taped up using 3M blue tape
7) Machined with Lime Prime (didnt really need to go stronger as I got great correction).
8) I dont normally do this but I refined with Dodo Juice Need for Speed
9) Dressed all plastics with waterbased dressing - autoglym rubber and vynil care.
10) Cleaned windows with 3M window spray

Didn’t touch the car for 4 weeks as Mrs had to do a lot of mileage on the weekends which meant car quickly got into a state and protection level although still present wasnt that strong.

I decided I need to use up the megs nxt wax I had lying around and never used.

The process:
1) Cleaned wheels with 10:1 mix of megs APC
2) Foamed car with Valet Pro Snow Foam.
3) Wash car with Dodo Juice Supernatural
4) Dried with plush drying towel and Megs Last Touch as a drying aid.
5) Applied Megs Nxt Wax via DA and Sonus finishing pad
6) Wiped off with ultra-plush microfiber
7) Applied Dodo Juice Purple Haze
8) Dressed all plastics with Water based dressing. This time a strong mix of ValetPro Protectant, which seems to have lasted longer than AG.
9) Vacced interior and gave everything an APC wipe down
10) Dressed all plastics bar maint dash with ValetPro Protectant in a 4:1 mix. Lefts a nice sheen (not shiny really).
11) Spray interior with AG car smell stuff (can’t remember name)

Really sorry for lack of pictures but may take some more this weekend.

She is a happy bunny now!

ibizatdicr1_140311.jpg

ibizatdicr2_140311.jpg

ibizatdicr3_140311.jpg

April Cleanup
As promised more pictures.

Gave her a good wash this morning and finished her off with some 3M Quik Wax which I am very very impressed with.

DSCF3299.jpg

DSCF3300.jpg

DSCF3301.jpg

DSCF3303.jpg

DSCF3304.jpg

DSCF3305.jpg

DSCF3306.jpg

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.