Tidy rear end :)

Triple D

j.a.kelly said:
yeh slightly disappointed with lights too...but u live and learn! maybe the FR ones would look better with the white combo. anyone got pic? has spaniels done it that way??

cheers guys
JK
Nope spaniel has done it this way :)
th100_1317.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

yannis

Mar 21, 2006
Athens, Greece
Did you only change the cover on your wiper arm, nothing else? How about the bit on the left of the arm (i mean the cover of the mechanism that rotates), is it the same part with the pre-facelift model?

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
Ed - yup ive since got a red bulb. ta

wiper is VERY simple to change. undo one nut, then pull like hell to get the wiper off. replace whole thing with new one, screw nut back on.

re: Lights :: hmm so i'll save for FR ones. :( still if i go reds im gonna have a missing/wrong colour light grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

JK

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
Hmm jus been playing with the spare rear light... work in progress, but what do you guys think??

There would be no plastic cover tho, not sure myself..opinions?!

LightWIP.jpg

LightClose.jpg

JK

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
I like that!

how does it come off just pull at it? I take it the red bit inside is just a reflector then?

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
must admit thats where got the idea lol - having the spare helped!

was gonna do the lot then post up but was too excited lol

Plastic clear cover is a sod to get off, litterallt have to break it off...iv got lots of cuts now, thanks SEAT. The red reflector stuff can then be poped out, and ive jus roughly sprayed it for now

JK

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
j.a.kelly said:
must admit thats where got the idea lol - having the spare helped!

was gonna do the lot then post up but was too excited lol

Plastic clear cover is a sod to get off, litterallt have to break it off...iv got lots of cuts now, thanks SEAT. The red reflector stuff can then be poped out, and ive jus roughly sprayed it for now

JK

I changed my smoked ones bk to standard yesterday also!

Thing that I would be worried about is water getting into the bulbs and electrics! Are the still "sealed" around the 2 red brake lights?

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
only time would tell i guess it still looks to be pretty well sealed, but then again theres a reason they put the plastic on i guess.

im wondering if you could heat the lamp to get the glue (which holds the plastic) sticky n get it off without breaking it?!

JK

Last edited:

loonymoon

j.a.kelly said:
wipes perfectly.

Now the lights are on, they'd def look better all red. Trouble is the reverse light issue. Im going to get FR lights eventually, but just @ the minute iv spent sooo much i cant justify another £130 odd. all reds would look miles better th :(

U can get the LHD cluster from your dealer, I asked Dave from IMG who has a section on here.

cheers
JK

yeah I was gonna say - how can you get through the MOT (once it's old enough) with a white fog or red reversing light??

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members