4 wheel alignment

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
had my full 4 wheel alignment done today, £50 and 40 mins later it's all done, the guy even took my car for a "test" drive but think that more down to him looking at buying one:)
they gave me a printout to show before and after settings and the lady at the desk explained what the bloody hell the numbers meant:redface: , they also found nothing wrong with my brakes which seat said were getting v low:confused: but mentioned all my ?camber? bolts were left compleatly loose by whoever as worked on the car last (think she said "camber" bolts but could be compleatly wrong lol) which was guess what... SEAT, but all seems good now the car doesen't pull to the left and when driving straight the steering wheel is 100% straight:happy: , while i was there i asked about new springs and brakes, they said £160+ for a set of Eibachs springs and £290 new pads, groved disks and uprated brake fluid, so considering its £260 the TT setup + then fitting i didn't think it was too bad

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
I have a full set of eibach springs waiting to be sold if you are interested??

They come with my old shocks, covered 25k in total, 8k on the new springs.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
oooh, sounds good how muchy?, what they like handlin wise?, do you know how much to get em fitted roughly?, should i fork out for coilys? why do you get less and less crisps in packets of walkers?
:whistle:

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
150 notes and i'll deliver personally to norwich for £25.

It's about the same to fit them I think. I'm only going down the coilover route as I want it silly-low = no speed bumps!

Handles like a gem, first thing I did to the car.

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
:happy: The crisps? guess it's done by weight, heavier crisps/potatoes meaning less in the bag? :rolleyes:

They lower it by 35-40mm as well as improving the handling.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
ah i see... weight... er anyway back to springs there soundin better by the minute, but due to xmas and insurance costs of changing suspension, i gonna have to think long and hard about em. but if you sell them in the mean time thanks alot for the offer, it's unusual for some to offer to drive out tint to the cuntree for delivery :)

T. Spark

:happy: The crisps? guess it's done by weight, heavier crisps/potatoes meaning less in the bag? :rolleyes:

They lower it by 35-40mm as well as improving the handling.

How low do you want to go? Mine's dropped around 50mm on the front, and I bottom out everywhere, speedbumps are a no... and my LCR ripped off with a week of fitting it!

Still looks ace tho :p

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
ive lowered mine alot at the front and rear with lcr front splitter but i only scrape when i go over 2 bumps in a row (everyday down country road to work!) maybe going 80mph is a tad too fast round the twisteys! private road all the way to work of course :cartman:

sideways is always fun!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
had my full 4 wheel alignment done today, £50 and 40 mins later it's all done
all seems good now the car doesen't pull to the left and when driving straight the steering wheel is 100% straight

I've been saying this all along, it's worth paying the extra to get it done properly by someone who knows what they're doing.
Most Mk4s pull to the left from new and a lot suffer from severe inner tyre edge wear - several attempts by monkeys at the likes of Kwik-Fit didn't solve it and was just money down the drain. Got it done "properly" and all those problems were cured - no more inner edge wear, car drove 100% straight and was much more enjoyable to drive.

That's until the suspension bushes started wearing but that's a different (and very common!) story...

Kenshin2006

Black Magic
Aug 31, 2006
cheers Davels I work on that Frensham Road, Sweetbriar Industrial Estate - it's about 30 secs away!

I'll pop in and have a chat.

cheers again.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
mine pulls left slightly can do tracking at my work but with coilovers on there the computer reads my suspension is fooked obviously as its not standard have tryed the monkeys at quick fit still does it so will need to go to a place like you guys are talking about to get it done propper! dnt wanna rip through my new tyres just yet!

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
yeah most places that run the 4 wheel set up normaly invest a lot into it and have people who know what there doin with differant spring setups, but apparently the one in norwich is the only one that is embedded ramps into the ground flush, for super low cars. the weird satelite dish looking things they put on each wheel look strange lol

Jan 29, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Can anyone whos had a 4WA done post their numbers up?

i had mine done about two months ago and something still isnt right... its quite skittish and its a nightmare to use the inside lane of motorways because it tramlines all over in the lorry-tracks.. it allso seems to get thrown off a bit on bumps eg on catseyes..

What can be adjusted on these cars? can camber be adjusted??

Heres my last results (was done after getting cupra bushes fitted..)
Scan10001.jpg

Last edited:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
from the results i can see if i was doing this car at work! the camber on the front left is reading way too much negative camber! (-17) also the left toe on the front is only just 2 minites in! that needs adjusting too camber cant be adjusted on most cars! but can get some leeway on some bolts!

hope this helps

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i wouldnt accept that as its not reading very good results would take the results back to company and demand you want it put right!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise