FMIC - refitting mesh

blackie

I'm Tyrannosaurus Alan!!!
I have done a search!! :rolleyes:

When i got to forge next week to get my intercooler fitted, i know i wont be able to refit the standard mesh. Some people have used the halfords black plastic mesh instead and it gives a really good look like this (sorry to whoevers pic this is, but great pic :drool: )

DSC00832.jpg

How exactly do you secure the mesh to the rear of the bumper?? Am hoping to do this whilst the bumper is off and forge are doing thier stuff.

Is it just glued / screwed or something a little more technical??

Cheers :coolthumb

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Wahey thats mine.

I jammed mine over the two pegs that stick off the back of the bumper. The fmic pretty much holds it in place anyway. Been on for miles now.

ian_cupra

whos the black plastic mesh made by?? had a look in halfords but couldnt work out which stuff it was. nearest looking stuff had a black and red cardboard package label.

cheers, ian

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
Our friend with the chav mobile will be proud of you making a trip into ripspeed :D

lol....its gonna be difficult dragging myself there but i have to have the mesh to protect my cooler, i just hope they dont try the old "would you like a ripspeed store card" trick cuz ill be inclined to bend it round theyre head.:lol:

ordered some jollopy sticky plop ready

Nice one....Cheers pete!!:D

Arwel

Think im going to do this.. I like having the cooler on show but I think its a bit bare and looks like somethings missing.[B)]

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
so has anyone recently bought the mesh from halfords, as im thinking this is the way to go! and what did you fix it with (i know forge said about that but wondered if theres anything else too)?

Mat

look on ebay! i looked in halfrauds and was like £30! was some Race-X stuff (same as sold at halfords and motor factors) at GTi Spring Fest for £5! Only had silver, or that solid type that looks like it's been hole punched. No "normal" black mesh :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members