Alpine head unit fitted and working

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
As the title says i have had my Alpine double din head unit fitted today and all is working (well nearly).

The bluetooth works but is very quite, the ice shop is saying that i will need a small inline Amplifier to sort this out.

The only other thing is the unit sticks out about 10mm but reading the manual you can adjust how far back the unit is, so i will have to get them to sort this out next week.

the sound is very good with the orignal speakers alot better than with the orignal stero.

The sat nav option i went for is really cool.:D :D

Here's some pictures.

2016601720100931801jCjulB_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2918685730100931801jmzDDz_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jimmst212

Birdy, That looks very nice mate. A clean and professional looking job. Glad to hear that it sounds good with the oem speakers. I am still looking for a fitter that will do the job.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Looks cool birdy. Was the screen in some sort of auto dim mode? It just looks a bit dim compared to some of the pictures I've seen elsewhere.

So when you use the bluetooth kit on the car I presume it just takes over the sound of the stereo, or do you need to switch mode on the head unit? (Same goes for incoming calls)

Also does it render the aux input redundant?

Cheers,

Scott

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
Looks cool birdy. Was the screen in some sort of auto dim mode? It just looks a bit dim compared to some of the pictures I've seen elsewhere.

So when you use the bluetooth kit on the car I presume it just takes over the sound of the stereo, or do you need to switch mode on the head unit? (Same goes for incoming calls)

Also does it render the aux input redundant?

Cheers,

Scott

Yep it was going a bit dark and was on auto dim if i turn it off a night the screen goes really bright.

The bluetooth works like the same as the old stero and mutes the sound and the call comes through the speakers.

From what i can gather the bluetooth dus not plug into the AUX.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
How much does that improve the dash. Its a really good head unit.

I really wanted one of these but supposedly Audi don't recommend changing the head unit for aftermarket when you go for the Bose upgrade as the speakers are active (active my @r$e). I can imagine there must be an amp installed somewhere for all the extra speakers, but it cant be that hard to run a line/speaker level output to it. I suppose then there is the issue with the Audi iPod dock not taking it.

Very nice mate, very jealous.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks for the info.

I really want one but have realised I'm stretching it financially next month if the car comes and I've got higher priorities for the car first - parking sensors, supaglass and some other bits. It might be something I add next year after I've paid the car off :)

I'm sure Z will give me a demo of his at one of the race days. ;)

Scott

Xe

I think it looks sweet. I would go for it if not for the cost. What is supaglass?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.