Alpine head unit fitted and working

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
Can anyone figure out what all the differences are on these units?

And anyone seen some prices for the new 1?

Hopefully it brings down the price of the W200Ri..

Last question.. I've done my searches, but everytime I see a part number for the dash facia plate, they are never the same. I know there are different colours, so how do I know what part I need? (Maybe I need to swap dealers, as the parts guy I spoke to was a bit dim..)

From what i can see the only diff is 'Vehicle Display Interface' & 'Remote Control Included'

belgarion

Cupra07
Mar 13, 2007
Waltham Abbey
Cheers Birdy.

I asked the guys at the car audio place, as linked by Z and and he said something about bluetooth being slightly different.. So, Z is right, its just a later model replacing the old, with nothing really that special.

I want it!

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
Mitrashark

I have the Alpine blackbird and docking station fitted which is fitted under the passanger seat, this then links up and i have full controll on the head unit, also handy because i can take the blackbird out and use it in my work car.

Is your alpine head unit flush with the dash or dus it stick out aboum 5mm like mine??????

It`s flush with the dash. Try to organize the cables behind the radio. You will get some more space.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
THANKS KEITH

part number for the sat nav surround is 1P2858071A.

Birdy
I phoned my parts place today he couldn't get a part for that code number, but he did find the facia panel but he cant match it to my car, he says there are 2 colour types, do you know which one you got, i am presuming the Black FR and the Silver FR have the same facia colours?? gave him the chasis no of my car but he couldnt tell which from that either.:shrug:

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
Birdy
I phoned my parts place today he couldn't get a part for that code number, but he did find the facia panel but he cant match it to my car, he says there are 2 colour types, do you know which one you got, i am presuming the Black FR and the Silver FR have the same facia colours?? gave him the chasis no of my car but he couldnt tell which from that either.:shrug:

If you tell me the name of the two different colour facia's i will remember.

I think it was something like bright silver something along those lines.

If not i am going to seat on friday to pick up my rear door handles so i will find out then for you.

belgarion

Cupra07
Mar 13, 2007
Waltham Abbey
Birdy

The parts guy at my dealer says there isn't a facia panel available from Seat, and I should try Halfords.. I knew I should have gone to a different dealer.

ghostface

Can you give me the details of the place you had it installed?

My local "experts" say I wont be able to get the steering wheel ontrols to work

Help!!!!!!

ghostface

OK! I have purchased the same head unit (£449.99, WHAT A BARGIN) and I have ordered my facia plate.........

Errrrrr :think: How do I take out the head unit, I have searched the forums and found people that have done it but I still cant get the thing out!

Arghhh.

I found a guide in one thread but the link is dead can anyone help me??

Jubjubbird

May 8, 2002
Bedford
Whoops! Just bought one too!

There's a steering wheel control available in America for the latest VAG group cars, so I would guess this will fit.

ghostface

Birdy,

Can you tell me what parts you bought (aerial adapter,bluetooth adapter) You have been the inspiration to my weekend hunt for the head unit and parts.

Now I have gone to Install, I have a few questions

How is the bluetooth connected to the head unit?
(Is this part of the ISO/Quadlink Connecter?)

Where have you placed your iPod lead?

Have you got an iPod video and will it play the videos on the head unit?

Have you used an extra fuses?

Your help is much needed!!!!!

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
Birdy,

Can you tell me what parts you bought (aerial adapter,bluetooth adapter) You have been the inspiration to my weekend hunt for the head unit and parts.

Now I have gone to Install, I have a few questions

How is the bluetooth connected to the head unit?
(Is this part of the ISO/Quadlink Connecter?)

Where have you placed your iPod lead?

Have you got an iPod video and will it play the videos on the head unit?

Have you used an extra fuses?

Your help is much needed!!!!!

Not sure about all the parts you need as i had mine fitted at a car radio shop http://www.kandmacoustics.co.uk/

Ipod lead is in the glove box.

To get the bluetooth to mute the radio you will need one of these http://www.alpine-europe.com/typo3/index.php?id=nve-k200&L=16

And i think they used a signal booster on the aerial lead at the back of the stero.

As i have said the radio buttons on the wheel do not work yet but all the bluetooth/phone work as normal.

Sorry i have not got back sooner been at All Types VW Show this weekend. If i can i will try and help in anyway.

ghostface

Whoops! Just bought one too!

There's a steering wheel control available in America for the latest VAG group cars, so I would guess this will fit.

Can you tell me what part number its save me hunting on google?

ghostface

Sorry i have not got back sooner been at All Types VW Show this weekend. If i can i will try and help in anyway.

No worries about not coming back sooner, just me being impatient (Child with a new toy Syndrome)

I'm going to give them a call, I will keep you updated.

My facia plate should arrive tomorrow, so I will be on an install mission the moment I finish work

Jubjubbird

May 8, 2002
Bedford
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.