Coil packs popped out...

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
Driving home from work today, went into boost and felt a judder so lifted off. Went into boost again and felt more juddering, felt like a misfire. Thought might be the coil packs, but no EML came on.

The car drove fine off-boost. First chance i got i pulled over and found number 1 and 4 coil packs loose and sitting out of position, freely moving around.

Pushed them back into position, and the car drives fine.

Why would this happen? :confused:

Dec 31, 2005
London
Bill gave me an excellent tip for the coilpacks popping out; ;)

Its caused by the air underneath them heating up and expanding, so all you have to do is cut a little 'V' into the rubber fins to allow the air to escape. Works a treat, solves the problem instantly/permanently. :)

4igk38y.jpg
[/QUOTE]

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
it's a seat.

your a mother ****ing genius you are... :roflmao:

wonder how much input Seat had into developing the VW/Audi 1.8T engine...or how about developing the coilpacks???

i'm very sorry but if you dont even own one then stfu!

i'm with phil, bolt down ones are better

Last edited:

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
your a mother ****ing genius you are... :roflmao:

wonder how much input Seat had into developing the VW/Audi 1.8T engine...or how about developing the coilpacks???

i'm very sorry but if you dont even own one then stfu!

Sorry it was a joke, i have owned them, probably more than you so stfu.

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
[/QUOTE]

Do like they have in the pic and put a small V in the rubber.
The reason is the gasses get warm in the engine and exspand and push the coilpack up, this only happens after time when the coilpack is getting abit older and the rubber is'nt as good as when it was new.
There are a few people on here that do this and all have said that it works fine and haven't had any problems sins.

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
I am a true warrior!

:lol: Didn't want an argument, but i think my attempt at humour yesterday afternoon wasn't appreciated by some and i apologise, i didn't mean any harm and i was not slating Seats as i have had them and now want another one!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.