LCR Splitter on 01 LC?

HarveyGTI

would it look right, an LCR spliiter on an old style 01 LC?

dont think it would but interested to see peoples views on this

HarveyGTI

DSC00491.JPG

I'm curious, is that (the black strip under the bumper) what's meant by the LCR splitter? Did they not come on Cupra/Cupra TDI as standard? If they didn't then I'm chuffed, I've got a freebie bit of plastic from the garage I bought my car from :p

no they didnt believe.....

however you have the face lifted version of the cupra, and i have the old version

they look nice on the new face lifted Leons, but not so sure how they would look or even fit on the old style

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Ah, I thought mine was the old style one, I thought the new style ones looked more like the Cupra R, in that the bumper had one big mesh section, rather than having the little "square" bit in the centre breaking it up.

edit - I see now, the old style Cupra bumper is as on this thread, http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81549 while mine is the facelifted one for later Cupras and FRs. The Cupra R is the one without the square shape in the centre of it. Now I've got it, oops!

The car you're referring to is the FR+ which is effectively the normal FR but with Cupra R bumpers and 17" versions of the Cupra R wheels.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
My advice.... suck it and see. Buy the splitter (only £20) and try it. If you don't like it, sell it and you'll be sure to make your money back.

In fact, stick it on eBay advertised as 'Sports racing splitter for Seat, VW, Skoda and Audi' and you'll probably make money on it ;)

HarveyGTI

My advice.... suck it and see. Buy the splitter (only £20) and try it. If you don't like it, sell it and you'll be sure to make your money back.

In fact, stick it on eBay advertised as 'Sports racing splitter for Seat, VW, Skoda and Audi' and you'll probably make money on it ;)

LOL, yes adding the word race does add 20bhp

Leon.SJ

Naturally aspirated...
Oct 16, 2006
South Bucks.
erm and in answer to my question please :)

YES YES YES :clap:

Fitted mine a week or two ago, its not a Cupra, but the same bumper. I'm REALLY pleased with it, best 20 quid I've spent so far! Although the Fabia wiper comes close... :funk:

If it looks a bit crooked in the middle, thats because it is! Or rather, was, I've sorted it since this pic was taken.

wCIMG2780.jpg

Last edited:

Simsy

Feb 21, 2005
I think its a great mod for the price.

I personally think it suits the 180 pre facelift models and compliments the boring styled front bumper.

Just do it, it's a simple job to fit just remember to chop off about an inch from each end so that it fits the curve of the bumper and chop down the centre struts so it fits flush against the bottom of the bumper.

Heres mine anyhow.

Simsyrr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HarveyGTI

thats excellent, thanks guys, i will buy one next week and fit it asap!

by the way simsy, your link is not working, I think it is now to do with single character letters now being blanked on the forums....why i really dont know

HarveyGTI

Harvey, when you get it done put some pics up as I'm considering doing this to!

How do they fit on just out of interest?

yeah i will do mate, getting this done along with the german style plates as well, as mine look just awful and rotten and make the car look untidy

I think there is a fitting guide on here somewhere...but if anyone has some quick hints or tips on this thread that would help...not sure how they attach either:shrug:

HarveyGTI

Simsyrr.jpg

just realised this has a different grill to mine, anyone got an idea how much this grill kit costs, as mine has a slat type grill on my 01 cupra, and Simsy has a honey combe effect which looks really nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
cheers gavinchappell, i now know what mine will look like, when i find the time to attach it
stupid question of the day number 75; you don't happen to have the part numbers for the fixing screws to hand - i'm lazy and at work being harassed

Leon.SJ

Naturally aspirated...
Oct 16, 2006
South Bucks.
I just got some self-tapping screws from B&Q. You'll need to trim the two centre posts down, didn't measure how much by though, sorry! It'll also be too long and will invade your wheel arches, but I'd leave off trimming that until its in place on the car, so you can get the length right. Trying to get it central is the trickiest part, roping someone else into helping might be an idea!

HarveyGTI

I just got some self-tapping screws from B&Q. You'll need to trim the two centre posts down, didn't measure how much by though, sorry! It'll also be too long and will invade your wheel arches, but I'd leave off trimming that until its in place on the car, so you can get the length right. Trying to get it central is the trickiest part, roping someone else into helping might be an idea!

oh yes, normally drag my mate into these types of things:D

cuprablue

Nov 12, 2006
quick question.

What are they meant to do ? and do they actually do it? I mean has anyone ever noticed any difference to the feel of the car with one on or are they purely cosmetic?

cuprablue

HarveyGTI

quick question.

What are they meant to do ? and do they actually do it? I mean has anyone ever noticed any difference to the feel of the car with one on or are they purely cosmetic?

cuprablue

purely cosmetic mate

splitters like this would only ever make a difference on high performance/race cars i.e. downforce, but unfortunately as much as we like to think our Seats do qualify for this, they dont quite have the same effect he he

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.