Green filters storm

ibiza fr

Sep 14, 2005
I was thinking of fitting a green filters storm induction kit to my fr 20 vt. It's good for 250 hp, so as my fr has revo stage one I thought it might make an improvement to engine breathing. I will also fit a 70mm cold air ducting kit as well. Any thoughts welcome :D

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the best setup is definatly a cupra intake modifyed and a green pannel filter with a smoothed airbox hard to get a induction kit that gets a reliable cold air sorce

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Most induction kits come with 70mm ducting, it's abit hard to sqeeze over the cupra intake, square peg into round hole springs to mind, and that's where all of the standard airboxes are connected to. Just watch out for rubbing of the ducting against anything because this could create small holes in the ducting.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
still think you would be much better off with the cupra intake ect! unless yopu move the battery to the boot there is no space for a decent induction kit

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
lets see a pic then ric as ive tryed loads of types of induction kits and could never get a decent air intake spot

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Image002.jpg

Slightly changed since that photo. Black ducting has now been changed to a 45 degree angle, that then connects back to the black ducting, which is then forced over the cupra rectangle intake, but found an adaptor that has a 70mm diameter hole.

Also it has its restraint bolted to the strut brace.

Like this one

Ibiza-FR-Twister-3.jpg

Last edited:

ibiza fr

Sep 14, 2005
That looks a neat set up, not sure about the intake hose though. Do you not find that it restricts the air flow into the filter, because of all the bends in the hose ?. It looks a bit like a train snakeing its way round a track.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
ric thats how i had my viper induction kit setup but the hose always fell off the inlet so went for the bigger outlet/maf diesel airbox :D

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
I have removed the bends by using a 45 degree silicone hose that conmects to the filter. Then cut the ducting to size.

Ric did you notice an improvement in power with the sealed induction kit?

Not really, all the cupras has sealed air boxes, at most a filter will gain you 2-5bhp extra.

ibiza fr

Sep 14, 2005
Thanks rashcupra, but I have decided to keep the standard air box with the green filter. So I will get the cupra intake and spend the £150 on a split-r valve.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members