PD160 intake problems

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
well the tdi engine is prone to more movement on the engine mounts as it is heavyer than the 20vt

if your engine is moving a bit on tickover then get your engine mounts looked at

gazjones

mine didnt stay on properly
i put a flimsy jubille clip on it and its now firmly in place not moving and looks oem lol

gazjones

mine wouldnt stay on the adapter but the coolant hose is fine on mine think there is a cut out in the 160pd hose to acomodate this

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Mines looking like the pic on Briskoda (On an Oboza FR). I have wrapped a few layers of insulating tape around where it meets, and have greased up the pipe as BeezerDiesel suggests. Best advice would be to check it every few weeks I guess... Might look into twisting it out the way..

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
i plan to do this pd160 after the wheels.

i read somewhere about cutting a hole out of the pd160 or something for better air intake?

incidentally does this all do the same job as a k&n intake (random pic included)

knintake.jpg

is it better than this?

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
my pd160 intake is touching the coolant pipe but it is that tight i think they move together somehow, i couldt twist the coolant pipe away from it so i dunno lol may have to try somethink tho...

Last edited:

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
You've got the same problem I had. I had to take the engine cover off to find something to attach a cable tie to, and pull the pipe away from the intake.

Before I did this though, I loosened the clips on a couple of hoses and twisted the hose away from the the intake pipe as well.

There is now a 1/4 inch clearance. Just to make sure, I've wrapped the hose with some white insulation tape so I see if it's been rubbing at all.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise