White Rear Lights?!

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Right this is what he is doing. I think.

I have checked his ebay buying history and it shows him purchasing these lights from Germany as LHD for about 130 pound. He then just swaps the red and white bulbs over and hey presto, RHD lights.

I will be ordering some Black in.pro lights and doing likewise very soon.

Watch this space

Good detective work! Let us know how you get on with the bulb swap experiment...

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Most certainly worth it, even the wife likes them!!! Haven't had time for pics yet, tomorrow probably, thank f**k its fitted and working a treat, and I can recommend spugg333 as an excellent chap to do business with and a top geezer too :D

Last edited:

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Me and Bob watched as they were fitted!;) However they only took 5 mins to fit, very easy.

What i wasn't impressed with though was the way the orange indicator has been soldiered on !!!! It only had 1 pin!![:@] However i have now taken the original bracket off that holds the tailight & indicator and swapped it with the Ice Grey one.

I have now put the silvertec bulbs in and they look so much better that the ''fried egg'' ones. Pics underneath of the difference

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u119/MoleyRUFC/Indicator Changed/

ents

Jan 12, 2007
Tallinn - Estonia
Me and Bob watched as they were fitted!;) However they only took 5 mins to fit, very easy.

What i wasn't impressed with though was the way the orange indicator has been soldiered on !!!! It only had 1 pin!![:@] However i have now taken the original bracket off that holds the tailight & indicator and swapped it with the Ice Grey one.

I have now put the silvertec bulbs in and they look so much better that the ''fried egg'' ones. Pics underneath of the difference

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u119/MoleyRUFC/Indicator Changed/

looks good with silver bulbs . 100% on my to-do list. However you should change the red fog-bulb also with silver one.

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
You will find that the fog bulb is also soldered on. I have just changed the holder from my original.

I now have silver indicator & fog bulbs, and along with the debadged L E O N i think it looks rather nice:D

The sun shows up just how the lights change, one looks completely different to the other. At dusk they look almost black

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u119/MoleyRUFC/Fog Bulb Done/

Just received mine this morning and they look more silvery than grey (there is a shade of grey there but not as much as i was expecting). I got the ice grey ones which I assume are the darker of the two, is that the colour you and Ivor got??

Igor23

Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Ok, apart from a stupid set of led bulbs which blew almost instantly, just can't seem to find a silver red bulb for my fog light, halfrauds round here are a joke... Still haven't done any pix just yet, there's one more mod to go......

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Just received mine this morning and they look more silvery than grey (there is a shade of grey there but not as much as i was expecting). I got the ice grey ones which I assume are the darker of the two, is that the colour you and Ivor got??

Fitted mine last Saturday and when putting on the last last off the lenses I saw a chip in the plastic lens. Gutted, good job I took out the optional postal insurance. Although I've now got to wait until the ebay seller has another set in (end of sept).

I would have kept the lights but the missing part of plastic would have let water in in the wet weather.

But they look fantastic on the car, and the ebayer spug33 has been really helpful sorting out the problems. top bloke.

Igor23

Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Ok, finally finished modding (for now), what do you guys think??

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

God it's cost some money but it now scares the mechanics at C&R :D

Last edited:

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
See the exhaust got done!!!!!!:D

Bet it sounds sweettttttttt, oh yeah lights look good. Get the fog bulb done now Bob and your away