GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

Biano44

As far as I am aware there are none apart from replace your speed clock, mfd and recode your can gateway!!

the system will still work just not through all your steering controls and mfd!!

Thanks, you're right, it does still work but it would be nice to have all the buttons working.
I will do some more research to see how much it will cost to change the clocks and MFD and see if it's worth it.

wiechec89

Jmerrie. If I update can gateway to version AD i will haven't clock issue? Now i have verion K.

alesi27

My other car's a Mustang!
May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
What, if any are the solutions? Any idea?

I'm surprised at this, my MFD3/RNS510 VersB went into a 2007 Stylance without BT/without large MFD no bother. I only lost function of the double up/down arrows on the steering wheel; ^ & v before used to skip onto next radio station preset and the < & > used to scan the freqency for the next station along the line, or skip to end of CD track (short hold) or FF/REW (long hold).

With the RNS, all the steering wheel buttons work as before, except the ^ & v whose radio function is now done by < & > when in radio mode.

As for the small red MFD I have under the fuel temp gauges, fitting the SatNav has made no difference. So no clock shift either.

I would like to change the dash unit for the large BT type MFD, and retrofit BT as well. My next project when funds allow....

Last edited:

mmur5749

alright any ideas where i can get that fascia plate from? iv got that satnav multimedia system but cannot seem to get that fascia plate? help pleaseee

alesi27

My other car's a Mustang!
May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
Local Seat dealer or try Dave at SERE Motors, he has his own section on this forum. I got mine local but had to get the clips from him anyway...

mmur5749

i have tried the seat dealer but hes useless and has no idea what im going on about iv even shown him it in the car as its all fitted in just has no fasia plate on at the moment its a nightmare trying to get hold of one

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
i have tried the seat dealer but hes useless and has no idea what im going on about iv even shown him it in the car as its all fitted in just has no fasia plate on at the moment its a nightmare trying to get hold of one

Ask Dave in the Sere section of this forum, he'll have one with you very quickly (got mine in a day or so)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD With Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

mikeypur

Nov 18, 2009
Is there anymore info on what's required to hook up a MDI unit & loom, and how to locate the unit in the glove box?

cheers,
Mike

wiechec89

Hi. I solved clock issue in LEON MY06-07.
xxx.my-gti.com/wp-content/uploads/volkswagen_rns_510_changing_display_variant_highline_001.jpg
In byte 7 bit 6 is indescribable. 0 show compass 1 hide commpas.
We have to change coding manualy. For example binary 00000001 in HEX is 01, to hide compass coding is 01000001 in HEX is 41. You can use Windows calculator:). Save codding. Disconnect the battery for 1 min. We lose the compass, but we don't have clock shift issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

densil

Feb 22, 2007
wiechec,

Can I just confirm that once this is done it is possible to display gps guidance on the MFD along with music information (such as track or radio station) when selected via the MFD menu?

Also is it just a case of pasting in 01000001 in to the "Binary:" field as shown on the link that you posted? And then simply cross off that window and select "Do It!" on the previous "Recode Module" window?

Many thanks!

boditza

Mar 14, 2012
Craiova, Romania
There is a sw update for this!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?o30x13

Software update for can gateway or for rns?? My can gateway is SW: 1K0 907 530 P HW: 1K0 907 951 FW 0191. The rns i haven't bought yet but i want to be sure if i can fix the battery drain issue with just upgrading the rns or i have to change the can-gateway too. If so you wouldn't happen to know what is the latest part number for the can gateway that can be fited in a 2008 pre-facelift leon?

wiechec89

wiechec,

Can I just confirm that once this is done it is possible to display gps guidance on the MFD along with music information (such as track or radio station) when selected via the MFD menu?

Also is it just a case of pasting in 01000001 in to the "Binary:" field as shown on the link that you posted? And then simply cross off that window and select "Do It!" on the previous "Recode Module" window?

Many thanks!

For example I have coding normally 040004000400001300. To hide compass i change to 040004000400005300, because Byte 7 normally I had 00010011 (in hex 13) to hide commpas 01010011 (in hex 53). Don't use long coding helper , because bit 6 is indescribable. Type coding manually in main menu.
Audio, Navi, Phone on MFD working well. We lose only small compass.

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise