RR print out

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
Went along to a RR day at Dastek with my fellow vvoc car club. This was my results. Operator was please with fueling and said it nearly perfect in a little under at places but this is better than running rich on a turbo car.
Dont know what the previous owner has done but he said it putting out a bit more than its supposed to. Maybe a altered the boast, he said. It was regestared to a Seat dealer before me and it was the owners of the garage runaround. Dont know if they would do anything but heres the results.

171.8bhp@4,137rpm
258lbft@2,132rpm

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

T. Spark

20bhp more than standard and a small increase in torque, not bad for standard... assuming it is...

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
very low enviroment temps :s when i have had my car rr'd in the past they always run it with temps around 20 degrees to get an acurate reading of day to day driving the car will run alot better with temps as low as 10

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
very low enviroment temps :s when i have had my car rr'd in the past they always run it with temps around 20 degrees to get an acurate reading of day to day driving the car will run alot better with temps as low as 10

I live in scotland mate its never 20deg even in the summer. It must be the extactor fan sucking in the cold air from outside lowering the intake temp

Last edited:

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Good result mate, if it is standard...

Seen standard TDI 130pd's hit 135-140bhp and TDI 150pd's hit 155-160bhp.

T. Spark

Just got back from work, and can now see the picture's (before I was going on text)

The graph imho seems very very smooth for a standard map, no spikes in power, id be wondering if someone has put a map on there, to even out the rough parts, and just give it a little more go, without going OTT on the EOM parts?

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
A far as I know it came standard off Whins of Mills Seat Stirling. It was the owners car. I have had my last car Unichiped by Dastek and swear by them. They would not take to anyone lightly if they said their dyno was inacurate.
The rest of the club (25people) have very acurate results with or without mods. Some where unhappy due to the fact they were over fueling.

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
Torque is very peaky and the bhp is rough to start, mine is waaaay smoother than that...

I dont know wiether its just my car but if I push on from second gear as soon as it hits that point where the peak drops I find myself lifting off that mm to compensate for a jurkyness thats always there at just after 2,000rpm. I've now ajusted to my driveing style and when I drive my dads 140tdi I find myself saying why did I lift off that small bit as that engine doesn't do that. Does feel very peaky at about 2,000rpm

L7 KVV

mALTEAser
Aug 27, 2007
My fr altea came from seat uk, as far as I know boggo standard. But last week it made 18 bhp and 15lbft more than seat claim!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
They are almost identical to mine done at Rapid Chariots! Mine hasn't got a remap either.

Rolling Road

Its those rollers, I really think they are not accurate tbh!

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Just got back from work, and can now see the picture's (before I was going on text)

The graph imho seems very very smooth for a standard map, no spikes in power, id be wondering if someone has put a map on there, to even out the rough parts, and just give it a little more go, without going OTT on the EOM parts?
Definitely not remapped because on same rollers at Rapid chariots my graph looks so similar!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Not sure mate I have been wondering same thing since I got mine done. Might just be the standard map or the clutch giving into the torque?

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
What I was very surprised with was just how much less smokey it was on the v power. right from tickover to red line no black smoke. Dont get me wrong it was putting out pollusion but it was a very light grey color and not much at all. But no puffs on spool up. It was actually a bit like a petrol being ragged.

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
But the price of V-Power this week... i'm giving it a miss! Not paying £1.10 for V-Power!

Some Rollers aren't that accurate, I spoke to a guy from a well known magazine once and he said what rollers give accurate readings, low readings and rollers that if you wanted to sell your car quickly you'd use them!

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
Been thinking real hard about my car being over what it should be standard. So I went along this morning to see Jim a Star Performance. Had my car dyno'd there. Just to see they would compare. Well it seems they get much the same. Jim was saying that its due to the fact mine is one of the last 150pd engines made and ever since they had started making them every so often they made changes (upgrade) the ecu to iron out any problems thus by the end of the run there putting out more than when they started making them. The first cupra tdi will be round the 150 mark but as they made there changes they get higher. He regularly see the 150pd (VAG) engine produce 155 standard. So it seem mines being the last made is quite a bit higher than its supposed to. Heres the graph much the same as Dastek. 165bhp 253lbfts

DSC00119.jpg

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
VERY VERY Interesting Jonnie!

We may be the few that have high engine outputs as your first graph is so so similar to mine!

I am having another Dyno soon. I will make sure i post my results.

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
VERY VERY Interesting Jonnie!

We may be the few that have high engine outputs as your first graph is so so similar to mine!

I am having another Dyno soon. I will make sure i post my results.

Keep me posted. Jim looked at Dasteks graph and said the dip in power just over 2,000rpm was slippage on the rollers. Due to the surge of torque.

BTW my car is standard and is running at 1.3bar boost so I take it, its abour 15psi - 1bar so thats about 17-18psi.
There map that they sell only alters the fueling the boast isn't touched. I always thought they turn the boost up but its just the fueling they sort out

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members