Maf dimensions

ibiza fr

Sep 14, 2005
Hi, I was just wondering what the maf inlet size is for my 2005 ibiza fr 20vt, any body got a clue ?.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the maf is 2.5 inches bore size and on the diesel cupra it is 3 inches probably a good mod for a 20vt on ko3s turbo but pricey as you need to buy the complet airbox an the maf housing cant remember how much i payed for this :think:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
the maf is 2.5 inches bore size and on the diesel cupra it is 3 inches probably a good mod for a 20vt on ko3s turbo but pricey as you need to buy the complet airbox an the maf housing cant remember how much i payed for this :think:

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but Rash what does this mod do? I have never heard anyone else speak of this before..?

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Oh yeah and one more...is the MAF size of the Mk3 the same? (trying to order a 90 degree bend for the MAF now and can't get to my car as I am at work)

andycupra

status subject to change
you dont want to change the maf size, unless you are going bigger turbo and will have a custom remap to take account of the changes.

If you put a larger diameter maf on and dont get the ecu adjusted to take this into account, then the reading the maf is providing (how much air is entering the engine) will be incorrect.

Stick with the stock item.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Ok but then the question remains of the size of the original MAF, I want to add a 90 degree bend for my airfilter and want to order, so is that also 2.5"?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
good answer :lol: ^^

yeah deffo dont go changing maf diameter sizes unless you plan on going bigger turbo and highly advanced ecu remapping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the fr is 2.5 inches and on the cupra diesel its approx 3 inches but as andy said measure your one it is only one jubalie clip!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.