morette lights wiring probs

Capt_roller_Pig

Hey every one just joined :clap: ive brought a 98 gti cupra sport 8v just before xmas and its my baby lol. Its got some morette lights on them and today when i was changing the high beam bulbs (that was fun ) i notice a red wire thats not connected so i traced the wire and it connects to the realy.
Should i be worryed about this or not :confused: all the lights work but just seems a bit strange that i got a wire not connected. if u want a pic of the wire in qustion i'll take one for ya

well theres the pic of my car it has been cleaned since the pic was taken
DSC00015.jpg

ste4232

Jan 9, 2008
If they work dont worry.

I brought mine 2nd hand and in the end brought a new replay and made new loom for them myself as all connectors and wires were worn and damaged and lights were not working propperly.

Fine now!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if you have the lights on activating high beam only the inner lights come on

if you have the relay wired up and no lights onat all = when you flash all 4 come on

thats how mine seems wired up

Capt_roller_Pig

ahh sweet as thanks matey for a sec there i got a bit worryed lol.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
ahh sweet as thanks matey for a sec there i got a bit worryed lol.

dont be too worried if one of stops working intermittently - italian electrics at its best

the connections are terrible

1 bonus - the sidelight is a capped bulb so you can insert the later halogen type ones 12w or 21W ;)

makes full lights look like all 4 are on then

Capt_roller_Pig

dont be too worried if one of stops working intermittently - italian electrics at its best

the connections are terrible

1 bonus - the sidelight is a capped bulb so you can insert the later halogen type ones 12w or 21W ;)

makes full lights look like all 4 are on then

yea them connections are bad. sweet so when i pop in to halfords do i ask for a 12v 21w capped bulb

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
when i pop in to halfords do i ask for a 12v 21w capped bulb

if you dont like money in your pocket :)

64111.jpg

Osram Part numbers :

64111 = 5W
64113 = 10W (seen 12w)
64115 = 20W (seen 21w)

iirc as the wattage goes up the bulb gets longer - 10/12W at most is best as the 21w is huge and way too bright

Capt_roller_Pig

thanks for the part numbers i better go and order some :D

Capt_roller_Pig

well i got 2 sets of bulbs one is a 23w and the 2nd is a 4w thats all they had. Im goin to fit the 23w one's tomorrow as the 23w and the 4w are just about the same size.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
only down side to the 23w is people think you are on high beam

usually scares the crap out of em if they flash when 4 hid's come on - lol