Comparison: height of Cupra TDI standard v Eibach coilovers (pics)

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
Hope this thread plus pics are useful in showing the actual drop of Eibach coilovers compared to standard.

John-cupra_TDI and me then had a comparison between a standard Cupra TDI and his Cupra TDI on Eibach coilovers. IIRC John’s Eibachs are fully lowered at the rear (adjuster cups still in), but still have a sh*t-load to go down at the front. Very interesting comparison: we reckon there’s about 15-20mm difference at the rear but a much bigger difference at the front.

2008-03-07SCNpic8.jpg

2008-03-07SCNpic9.jpg

2008-03-07SCNpic10.jpg

2008-03-07SCNpic11.jpg

2008-03-07SCNpic12.jpg

2008-03-07SCNpic13.jpg

2008-03-07SCNpic14.jpg

2008-03-07SCNpic15.jpg

It's convinced me that the Eibachs lower enough at the rear for my purposes. They're not ideal for someone after that "slammed on it's arse" look, but for a handling/looks compromise the Eibachs are spot on IMO.

Just need to convince myself that £550 isn't a lot to spend on the car on mods :redface:

Ally

Last edited:

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
doesnt look like the back has dropped that much imo :shrug: it probably looks alot better in the flesh tho.. if you were to remove the adjuster cups at the back, how much further is it likely to drop?

Eibachs are definitely one to look at for me, just think i'd like to go a little lower at the back, or at least have the ride height somewhat level... the front looks so much lower than the back on your pics!

Edit: Does John have spacers on the back at all? maybe that would help the appearance a little...

Last edited:

Tommyh

how low is it then mate at he back if its 'all the way' i usually swear by eibach for suspension on my cars.....

how do they rate to names like FK, JAMEX, SPAX and the likes??

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
doesnt look like the back has dropped that much imo :shrug: it probably looks alot better in the flesh tho.. if you were to remove the adjuster cups at the back, how much further is it likely to drop?

Eibachs are definitely one to look at for me, just think i'd like to go a little lower at the back, or at least have the ride height somewhat level... the front looks so much lower than the back on your pics!

There is about 15-20mm difference at the rear (use a reference point such as the edge of the bumper above the no plate recess). I think removing the adjuster cups lowers the car another 25mm or so, but the ride/handling suffers as a result (someone might correct me on that as I'm not 100% certain).

And yeah, I did comment to John that his is every-so-slightly too low at the front for me. The Ibiza's handling does benefit from such a set-up, apparently, though...

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
hmmm, something to consider i suppose.. think i'd have to see it in the flesh before i pass judgement tbh, i dont think the pics do the eibachs justice.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
FK's drop a lot more but the ride is compromised. Eibachs I believe are reasonable ride quality.

It does look nice lowered but I can't justify paying £700 just to get it 15-20 mm lower. I'd rather buy ten bags of sand and lob them in my boot tbh. ;)

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Shows how much lower the Cupra is than the FR as standard!
Nice comparison pics, doesn't look like that much different to start with, then I realise you have a splitter! haha

Nice that someone's done this though. Cheers! Makes me look forward to receiving my Eibachs sometime next week :clap:

Deleted member 13581

John does have 20mm spacers on the back.

The adjuster cup coming out lowers the back by another 20-30mm but the handling is greatly compromised as i have had it done on mine. I would recommend leaving it in as the ride becomes very bouncy at the back.

Go on Ally, you know you want to get them. :lol:

T. Spark

I have Eibach's on mine fitted down at JBS Auto Designs in Chesterfield, cant fault them, a good blend of performance and styling imho.

Yes a litle high on the rear, but gives the car a better stance! Cant fault the coilovers!

Also got them supplied and fitted down at JBS and was a very good price aswell at the time :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.