Red Corsa Detail

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
It was my girlfriends birthday and apart from the usual presents she talked me into giving her "pink" vauxhall corsa a good detail. As you can see from the pictures below it was heavily oxidized and stained. It actually looked much worse in person and glowed a pink colour in direct sunlight!

Before I carry on this is my first real detail with a Machine Polisher and because of this I was slower than I would have liked. I didn't concentrate much on the wheels, wheel arches and i would have also liked to do additional stages of polishing and protection too.

Here is a list of the products I used and why.

Wash
Snow Foam: There we loads of bonded contaminants on the paint so I pre-soaked the car twice. Once before the wash and once after I had clayed.

Autoglym Shampoo and Conditioner: I opted for Autoglym a shampoo as it is very lubricative so any excess dirty not taken off would shift without making more defects.

CleanYourCar - Fine PolyClay: Claying stage was definitely needed! First time I used cleanyourcar clay. I must say it isnt as abrasive as Sonus clay however it done the job with ease. One thing I did experience which I never seen before is that the dirt got embedded into the paint. Possibly because its one stage and dirt got trapped and oxidized in the paint?

Polish
Menzerna Intensive Polish 85RD3.02
Menzerna Final Finish (PO 106 FA)
Autoglym Super Resin Polish

I opted for the above polishes as they yielded the best results on my test areas. On some panels I only did one pass with the Final Finish and on others I did two passes with the Intensive Polish followed by final finish to give the results I wanted. I also opted for some areas to use Autoglym Super Resin polish as an experiment being this is the first machine detail I have ever done.

Sealant
CarLack 68 AIO

I ran out of time so I knew I couldn't give the car a good wax. I chose CarLack68 as my sealant as its very easy to apply and yields amazing results leaving a super smooth finish.

Plastics and Glass
Mer Plastic and Vinyl restorer: First time I used the product and I am very very impressed. I noticed that it nourishes the plastics quite well although you have to be careful not to use too much as it spreads quite well.

Tesco Glass cleaner
Autoglym Glass Polish

Tools
Meguiars G220
Menzerna Polish Pad (Orange)
Meguiars Triple Duty Detail Brush - Scrub the rubber parts of the car to scrub whilst snowfoam was doing its work.
Two-Way Mini Detail Brush

Before Pictures
Corsab4-1.jpg

Corsab4-3.jpg

Corsab4-4.jpg

Snow Foam
Corsasnowf1.jpg

Claying
Once the clay cleaned the paint it showed off the awful patchiness of the paint

Corsaclay1.jpg

Corsaclay3.jpg

Machine Polishing
Corsabonnet1.jpg

Corsabonnet2.jpg

Results achieved with two passes. I am sure with more experience and possibly a compound pad instead of a polishing pad would have achieved better correction.

Finished
Corsafinished1.jpg

Corsafinished2.jpg

Last edited:

strugers1

i might invest in you doing mine next couple of weeks mate for sure

strugers1

definately getting you to do mine but ill clean my interior before i come down lol!! ill prob wait till next payday:)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.