Seat Leon Cupra FR - Work in progress!

JoeV

Apr 28, 2008
Chester
Decided to start a little thread about my car as i have been doing quite a bit of work on it lately.

It started of like this:

leonnew.jpg

A standard Leon FR, 1.8T (excuse the dirt)

The wheels looked a bit tatty and the tyre profile to big, so i decided to look around for some larger wheels. Looking round, without spending stupid amounts of money, there were only the RS4/6/8 R32 replicas, none of which i thought would suit the leon.
However, i came across some R8 replicas and decided to go for them.

PICT0005.jpg

CIMG0354.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

I then decided to buy an Jetex exhaust system and rear Eibach anti-roll bar of a friend who had them on his Golf GTI but removed them before selling it. These were then fitted.

CIMG0353.jpg

(the exhaust looks on the p1ss but i assure you it isnt!)

PICT0009.jpg

Next i decided to sort the rear badges, initially i debaged them, but thought it made the rear look a little plain. So i decided to put them back on, Cupra-R style, along with an additional Nurburgring emblem.

SP_A0004.jpg

SP_A0005.jpg

The car stayed as it was for a few more weeks, until i got bored with it looking so jacked up. I decided to opt for coilovers, this would allow me to personalize the stance of the car and improve the marshmellow like handling.
A good days work and the results spoke for themselves:

SP_A0029.jpg

Near Future plans:
Fitting of S3 strut brace (need to decide on colour first, suggestions welcome)
Obtain and fit Fabia rear wiper
Re-fit O/S side skirt and remaining Caps
Battery cover

Future:
Remap
Dump valve
LCR splitter
Smoked windows
Porsche brake conversion

Last edited:

T. Spark

Looks nice mate, however seems like your a little lost on what the car is.

Its a Leon FR, not Cupra, or Cupra R! IMHO nothing worst than seeing a car with the wrong badges on.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Looks nice mate, however seems like your a little lost on what the car is.

Its a Leon FR, not Cupra, or Cupra R! IMHO nothing worst than seeing a car with the wrong badges on.

Agreed. Its got an identity crisis. Need to lose the R badge. Nice car though.

JoeV

Apr 28, 2008
Chester
Thanks for your comments. the reason the 'R' badges were initially put on because i intended to create a replica, hence me getting red mirrors, wheels similar to the LCR and looking at a porsche up grade. But i'll see how things go, if i decide not to change the bumpers/interior i'll probably just leave it as a LEON with no additional badges.

I always thought it was a cupra FR, being the same as a normal cupra spec wise with just minor differences. My bad.

T. Spark

Thanks for your comments. the reason the 'R' badges were initially put on because i intended to create a replica, hence me getting red mirrors, wheels similar to the LCR and looking at a porsche up grade. But i'll see how things go, if i decide not to change the bumpers/interior i'll probably just leave it as a LEON with no additional badges.

I always thought it was a cupra FR, being the same as a normal cupra spec wise with just minor differences. My bad.

Werent having ago mate, and its your car at the end of the day, it does look stunning (plus red is faster ;) )

However to me, I dont see the lust for making something into something it isnt, mine is a pre-facelift 05 Ibiza FR, it will never see even facelift bumpers, not as they arent nice, as they are.. but my mind is just set on speed as such now, not so much style.

As for th Cupra FR, same thing really mate, horses for courses.

The wheels on the car look very very nice, I dont think ive seen them on a Seat before and it suits the styling of the Leon MK1 very well, show off the brakes etc so get some big uns next!!

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Not sure why everyones on it about the badges who cares its your car so have it how you want. Really like it and especially the wheels never seen them on a leon and they suit it - have you got any more full shots with the wheels in?

JoeV

Apr 28, 2008
Chester
Werent having ago mate, and its your car at the end of the day, it does look stunning (plus red is faster ;) )

However to me, I dont see the lust for making something into something it isnt, mine is a pre-facelift 05 Ibiza FR, it will never see even facelift bumpers, not as they arent nice, as they are.. but my mind is just set on speed as such now, not so much style.

As for th Cupra FR, same thing really mate, horses for courses.

The wheels on the car look very very nice, I dont think ive seen them on a Seat before and it suits the styling of the Leon MK1 very well, show off the brakes etc so get some big uns next!!

No i understand, i made a replica clio sport about 3 years ago and got a mixed response.
I know by posting it on here i have to take into account other people like differnt things, would be boring otherwise!

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
nice car mate its like mine but better :lol: the alloys look really good and i have not seen them on a leon before so A* for being creative .....also please tell me you have been around the nurburgring ?

daz

JoeV

Apr 28, 2008
Chester
Thanks for the comments. i have been round the nurburgring, i was about 8 - 9 years old and a passenger!

Where about in north wales are you from if you dont mind me asking. Don't see many leons round here!

T. Spark

Thanks for the comments. i have been round the nurburgring, i was about 8 - 9 years old and a passenger!

Where about in north wales are you from if you dont mind me asking. Don't see many leons round here!

Oh dear, err without wanting to be the bore of the thread, its a general rule of thumb you put on a nurburgring vinyl/badge on the car, when you have taken that car around the toll mate, if I saw your car like many others, and saw that the first thing id ask was, when you whent and what time did you get... honestly I, and many others would feel daft if we had to reply with "oh I havnt been on really"

However gives you something to work towards, get it around the 'ring and then put on the badge :)

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
is there quite afew leons in chester?....i was up in Chesire oaks last weekend and saw two in the space of 5 minuites both cupras :)

daz

flappy

Ferociously Rapid
Mar 28, 2007
It needs a trip round the Nordschleife to wear that badge surely? Otherwise, nice car with some good upgrades!