Front seat trouble

PJ_TDi

Its Thwaite
Jan 1, 2008
Wiltshire
Something has snapped in the mechanism that allows the passenger seat to be moved forward to let people in the back, i'm assuming its either a spring or a cable that connects across the back of the seat. Has anyone on here replaced/ had a problem with theirs? Would it involve taking the whole cover off the back of the seat? +apart from a scrapyard where would be the best place to source the part i need.

Cheers :)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Loose change from your pocket can fall into the mechanism and lock it, check it out, you wouldn't be the first person to have this happen

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Yep, Has happened to me too. I just got mine fixed under warrenty. Money falls out of my pockets all the time when im driving..... :(

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
Theres a gap in the market there fellas, fixing broken mechs and "keep the change" ;)

If its the cable I had to go to the dealers for this - lucky for me I had warranty.

Hope you're just as lucky.

PJ_TDi

Its Thwaite
Jan 1, 2008
Wiltshire
its the handle on the side of the seat yeah. its more than likely the cable because when i lift the handle up, only one side of the seat is free, but the other side which also has the sliding connected isnt working

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
PJ, mine went ages ago but i finally got round to fixing it a couple of weeks ago. Sodding bastid to do, you have to remove the round adjuster on the outside of the seat and knock through the square spindle that sits inside this allows you to remove the old cables and fit the new ones. You also have to pull the seat cover up as high as you can to gain access to the handle hook, you will need a cable puller as well as the inside of the seat is like a spine, you need to remove the metal hooks inside to be able to lift the seat cover.

Its great to have a fully working seat again ;)

If you get stuck hola :)

silversport

1.4 Power....
Feb 12, 2008
its the handle on the side of the seat yeah. its more than likely the cable because when i lift the handle up, only one side of the seat is free, but the other side which also has the sliding connected isnt working

Thats pretty much exactly what happened with mine....