CD Changer Fix

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Shouldn't even need to remove it -

eject the magazine, arm yourself with a cottonbud and something like MrMuscle orange-action (or alcohol if you have it) .... anything grease-cutting

To the back, left of the changer slot (nr. the lens) there are a couple of white plastic guides - poke the cotton bud dipped in your choice of solvent between these a few times, allow to dry, and start enjoying your CDs again

sixarm

Jul 24, 2008

eject the magazine, arm yourself with a cottonbud and something like MrMuscle orange-action (or alcohol if you have it) .... anything grease-cutting

To the back, left of the changer slot (nr. the lens) there are a couple of white plastic guides - poke the cotton bud dipped in your choice of solvent between these a few times, allow to dry, and start enjoying your CDs again

Is this method to get the changer to recognise the magazine is inserted or to resolve the "CD Error" message on the head-unit itself?

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent

I stand corrected...bravo that man!

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Is this method to get the changer to recognise the magazine is inserted or to resolve the "CD Error" message on the head-unit itself?

Possibly both, but I've only used it to fix the CD Error

What are the symptoms when it won't recognise the magazine ? If it's the word "CHANGER" on the display it's more likely a data problem - poor earthing, or the blue plug's come loose

...course, if it takes a few seconds to decide there's no magazine, it could just be that it's not able to read ANY of the CDs - in which case, this should fix it

sixarm

Jul 24, 2008
Possibly both, but I've only used it to fix the CD Error

What are the symptoms when it won't recognise the magazine ? If it's the word "CHANGER" on the display it's more likely a data problem - poor earthing, or the blue plug's come loose

...course, if it takes a few seconds to decide there's no magazine, it could just be that it's not able to read ANY of the CDs - in which case, this should fix it

Mine just won't read any CD's and says "CD Error" every time. I shall be breaking out the cotton-buds then!!

JamJay

California Bound
I will give that a go. Mine just says "MAGAZINE" when you press the CD button, as if you are trying to get it to load without the magzine in. It doesn't make that wuuuring when you clip it in, just does nothing. I'll have a play a little later and update :)

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
CHEERS T11EWL!!!!! The most annoying thing to happen to my car has now gone after reading the cleaning process for the cd changer. So far there has been no "CD ERROR" message come up since cleaning it. Used CD lens cleaner on a cotton bud. It now plays cds now like it did!! BRILLIANT!!!

Sol

I got the same thing with mine, with the "Magazine" error showing. Have ripped the unit out to have a better look but can't see anything obvious. Another post said to give the unit a "shake" which I have done but will have to see if it works. Other wise I'll just go out and buy another head unit, get a decent one.
Also found Seat on their website want near enough £300 for a replacement unit, which is an all mighty joke!!!

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
cheers guys,
been using no probs since bought car and now it says magazine all over it.
going by the lack of "fix" looks like i'm buggered as well.

How though did you get the cartridge out to get your cd's back? as i want mine back
more money i haven't got to get a new hu and make the glovebox more friendly in size

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I suspect it may be time to break out the philips head screwdriver(s) :-(

There's a spring-loaded lever on the bottom of the mechanism that you can push to eject the magazine, but I don't think you can get to it without opening the case.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
power should be all ok, as never played with electrics behind it and worked perfectly then stopped dead with magazine on display
thanks for confirming fears, looks like a fun bank holiday to see if can remove and fix.