Rear window wash - uncovered problem

PsychieDave

I have searched the forum regarding my rear window washer not working, I noticed a few people had problems with the connection popping off in the cold and flooding the boot.
I took the panel off and it had popped off. I tried to run water through but nothing at all (seems like a double whammy fault).
I've had the airbox out and there seems to be no loose pipes. Anyone else got any ideas before I start ripping wings off???

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
anyone know why my polo rear wiper had started to scratch into my window, has actually scratched the glass and does so everytime i use it!!!!

TheCraig

Scaramanger!
Mar 13, 2007
Tyne and Wear
anyone know why my polo rear wiper had started to scratch into my window, has actually scratched the glass and does so everytime i use it!!!!

Its either because its the wrong shape cos it wasnt designed for your car, or your wiper is knackered... Or maybe its got a bit of grit stuck under it - try cleaning the actual blade

Imteyaz

If you can disconnect the hose from the washer bottle itself, stick an airline on the end, you will hear the air escaping if the hose has been dislodged anywhere else. It also helps when the pipes are gunged up with jelly like stuff from stale water, just make sure you can direct it away from the car so you dont have to clean the sticky mess up!

PsychieDave

Whats the best method of access? From what I've read previous the wing removal is quite a tricky job, unless theres an easier way? Any other methods?

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales

I had the potential for a similar problem on my FR.

It all depends on how the original wiper bolt is set - I believe there's some adjustment on it to bring it into/out of the tailgate. You have two options - remove all the boot trim and re-adjust the mounting, or do what I did and shave some of the underside of the wiper arm off. I had no problems once I'd done this and luckily I'd spotted the problem whilst fitting so there was no damage to my screen.

Luckily, my Sport had no such problem.

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
mine didnt do this for ages from having the wiper, then i tried adjusting the wiper position which meant changing bolt location and since doing so this has happened, do u know if i need to loosen or tighten?

PsychieDave

Well I've had a look at the water bottle and all the connections are in place. Upon closer inspection the water is coming out of a small hole in the chassis under the passenger door. Any ideas?

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
I think that the rear screen pipe runs along the door sill on the pasenger side. Could be worth poping the trim off inside to see if a conector has come loose. Although I would have thought the carpet would get damp. Still, its a simple thing to check.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members