Head Unit removal VICTORY

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
Hello

Thought I would share my HU trauma, got keys 3 Months ago and every now and then try to get the damn thing out failing every time until tonight!

Though I'd show other's what needs to be moved when the keys are in.

18989321a11641576702l.jpg

18989321a11641576668l.jpg

18989321a11641375587l.jpg

Allan :funk:

Last edited:

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
It is a bit of a pain in the arse. I didnt get the keys but ended up using random instruments found lying around including a coat hanger and half a scisssor. Remember to get an antenna adaptor with power for your new stereo otherwise radio reception will suck.

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
HELP !!!!

I have a ISO aerial amplifier thing, it has a blue wire coming out of it with a metal connector thing (looks like it should go in the black plug for the 12v feed but it wont go :( ill get pictures....

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
if there is a wire in the pin input already you cant just shove it in.connect it to the blue cable coming out of the iso plug or remove the pin from that already

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
HA I gon dun it!! :funk:

I noticed the cd player came with an extra wire for conversion and it fit in the black plug on that (didnt push it all the way in), and then I realised it was bigger than the one in the car :) so I bit the metal thing and jammed it in with some nail cutters :)

HAHA u got nothin on me car!

I kid you not, I removed mine in about thirty seconds flat, and had the new one fitted in less than ten mins :D

Blimey! [B)]

Admittedly it only took me a few mins to get the old one out and the new one working, but bl00dy ages to squeeze all the wires away and clip the darn thing in...that and running the wire for my ipod round the back and into the glovebox!!! :censored:

I reckon small feminine hands are an unfair advantage........ :whistle: :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members