its clean and lowered .. with some better pics + before & after

I finally managed to get a few better pictures today now that the car has been cleaned after last weekends fun and frollicks of lowering it. The car is lowered on EIbach Sportlines giving a 25mm drop over the standard car.

before
DSCF0539Medium.jpg

after
DSCF0548Medium.jpg

before
DSCF0541Medium.jpg

after
DSCF0551Medium.jpg

before
DSCF0540Medium.jpg

after
DSCF0552Medium.jpg

DSCF0554Medium.jpg

I've still got a few things left to do, i'm going to get some decent mats this week, LED sidelights and hopefully fit the spoiler hopefully that should be done by the next weekend.

Greerso

Nov 14, 2008
Belfast
For my money that looks just about right - not too low as is sometimes the case and I know it's the kind of topic that splits opinion - how low do you go?

I think it was on your other recent thread that someone mentioned his Leon Freetrack - I can't stop thinking this everytime I look at the back end of my car - together with the wife now refusing to get in the car (no bad thing I hear you say) because of the harsh ride - I think I need to go down the Sportline route :)

Peppermuncher

Apr 6, 2009
I must say that the car looks a wholelot better. Not too low.

Got a few questions tho,i've got a stylance at the mo and got some fr bumpers put on was looking to lower it a bit, just to look a bit better! [B)]

What are these sportline things about?

How much are they?

How much to get them put on?

What happens to the ride? Don't mind a bit harder but not solid tho!:cry:

Please forgive me i'm not into modding or anything don't have a clue about anything car based!!! :shrug:

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
I must say that the car looks a wholelot better. Not too low.

Got a few questions tho,i've got a stylance at the mo and got some fr bumpers put on was looking to lower it a bit, just to look a bit better! [B)]

What are these sportline things about?

How much are they?

How much to get them put on?

What happens to the ride? Don't mind a bit harder but not solid tho!:cry:

Please forgive me i'm not into modding or anything don't have a clue about anything car based!!! :shrug:

Peppermuncher,

The lowering springs are made by Eibach and are called Sportlines, they drop the ride height by 25mm all round.

They cost around £145 and DPM Performance off the site is where I got mine from.

To fit them, I did them myself but they were a pain to do the fronts, a LOT of stripping off parts and swearing to get the shock absorber out. Around £140-£150 to get them fitted and the car laser lined and tracked after as the steering will be a bit out of alignment but its worth it if you aren't a confident DIY mechanic.

The ride is better actually than standard in my opinion. It is a bit more solid but the car feels more composed and better stability in corners.

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Steve,

Yeah I know what you mean, luckilly I had a mate to help with that part, the issue I had with stripping down was getting the shock out of the hub as I had no hub spreader and had to resort to a piece of timber and a lump hammer to batter the hub downwards, scary times!!!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Steve,

Good job mate , actually makes the stance much better , will be doing this mod myself soon once the dealers have had a look at my handling , got no confidence in it at all at the moment feels like my front wheels are going to fall off at any min :(

Steve,

Yeah I know what you mean, luckilly I had a mate to help with that part, the issue I had with stripping down was getting the shock out of the hub as I had no hub spreader and had to resort to a piece of timber and a lump hammer to batter the hub downwards, scary times!!!

the hub spreader is the most important part, not that it helps when the hub is alloy and the spreader is harder that it. I made mine up from an old allen key and a bit of handy work with a file. YOu need lots of tea and make sure that there isn't a swear jar within 500 miles, I hated getting it within 5mm of getting the bolt in only to change grip and watch it fall all the way to the bottom !!!

Rob, have you tried getting the tracking looked at ? i've never had an issue with the Cupra, but I did have a few issues with the A3 and GOlf where you would feel the back end skip ?? have you played around with the tyre pressures ??

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Ah - so thats what it looks like when clean :cartman:. Its been a wee while since mine was that shiny :whistle:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
the hub spreader is the most important part, not that it helps when the hub is alloy and the spreader is harder that it. I made mine up from an old allen key and a bit of handy work with a file. YOu need lots of tea and make sure that there isn't a swear jar within 500 miles, I hated getting it within 5mm of getting the bolt in only to change grip and watch it fall all the way to the bottom !!!

Rob, have you tried getting the tracking looked at ? i've never had an issue with the Cupra, but I did have a few issues with the A3 and GOlf where you would feel the back end skip ?? have you played around with the tyre pressures ??

i will be playing around with tyre pressures this week mate.
Just have no confidence it whats its going to do , more the front its just not gripping at all.

Maximus2000uk

Does fiddling about with the ride height, have any effect on the warranty?

JMP

May 27, 2004
That looks just right! You inspired me and I went ahead and ordered sportlines for my red Cupra :clap: I will invest on that spreader tool, we just changed KW springs and shocks to my friends Audi TT without that tool and it was a real pain without it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.