Help needed please with temp gauge.

Nicky

Hi all im having problems with my temp gauge, When i drive my car the gauge does not go up at all until i stop and let the car tick over it goes up, not all the time just every now and again. Then when i drive off the gauge slowly goes back down. I was told it could be the temp sender/sensor so i replaced it and its still doing the same.

Hope someone can help

cheers Nicky

daves ibiza

probs the weather mate as ive had 2 cupra's now and when you do drive around temp gauge goes down . ull prob notice diffrence in the summer [:@]

Nicky

mine goes up to 90 deg when ticking over but when i start driving it goes all the way back to 60 deg.

some times when ticking over it doesnt go up at all.

just put a friends diagnostics computer on it and its saying

( engine coolant temp CKT range/performance ) what does the CKT mean?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Same thing with mine.

Im picking up a new thermostat tomorow from eurocarparts only about £10 will let you no the outcome when i figure out how to fit it..:whistle:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Mine does an odd thing aswell. Temp gauge takes aaaages to hit 90. Drive a ten mile trip to and from work. On the way to work in heavy traffic it climbs quickly. However on the way home, nice clear roads it sometimes never hits 90 for the whole way home. Will climb to 60 then when i get on a long dual carriage way stretch it will fall to minimum.

Thermostat?

Nicky

Ive been having a good look into this and it has to be a sticky thermostat.

well see what happens when s1 fits his.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Good find that. looks quite fiddley to do.

Mine does an odd thing aswell. Temp gauge takes aaaages to hit 90. Drive a ten mile trip to and from work. On the way to work in heavy traffic it climbs quickly. However on the way home, nice clear roads it sometimes never hits 90 for the whole way home. Will climb to 60 then when i get on a long dual carriage way stretch it will fall to minimum.

Thermostat?

Sounds like it mate. somtimes mine seems to work ok and it heats up normal then when the next time i look its back down to 60 again. only notice it in the winter though as summer driving obviously car can hold its temp better...

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Good find that. looks quite fiddley to do.

Sounds like it mate. somtimes mine seems to work ok and it heats up normal then when the next time i look its back down to 60 again. only notice it in the winter though as summer driving obviously car can hold its temp better...

Totally, in the summer its not an issue, as you said it heats up so quickly you dont even notice. More of a winter problem. Does look abit fiddly to fit, not sure i'd give it a go, dont have enough confidence in my skills with a spanner:lol:

Nicky

Have a go chaps it will be easier than u think, long as u have the tools. Im guna do mine soon as i get one sorted.

Keep me posted

raz83

mine does the same too so ide like to be kept posted please....also im new to this and i dont no how 2 submit posts can anybody help me please????

Nicky

i mean how do i start a thread so i can ask people questions......suppose a asked 4 that dint a lol

Go into where you want to ask the question a click the new thread button on the top left.:)