SAMS BLACK LCR GT2871 build. THE END :( !!!

GTi T

May 8, 2005
North West
hello all, on friday this little goodie arrived :)

i love this liquid gauge, been so handy already. should have bought one ages ago.
i did 2 power runs. temps were -4 outside. 295bhp and 290ftlb :) i know its not 100% accurate but even so pretty impressive on 1.4 bar and calculations are made on airflow ect.

i also ordered a forge 008 dv. i only really bought it just to see if it is any different to the 007 in terms of performance.

also my supertech inconel should be here this week, i hope anyway :)
thanks

Looks good Sam, did it arrive like that? or have you modded the vent yourself? and then fitted? notice you have put a little carbon fascia over it too looks ace!

I ordered mine this morning from B5 ;)

Tom

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nice purchases mate. It'll be interesting to hear how you get on with the 008 over the 007, didnt you run a DV30 for a bit too? keep us updated on how you have found all 3.

petey085

Pete
May 19, 2011
Nice goodies mate. Going to need a spin in your car when it all finished! Keep up the good work [B)]

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
hello all.
yet again i have some more goodies :D firstly i picked up these carbon fibre engine covers very very cheap

this should change the look of my bay slightly

now i have bought my 3rd intercooler, this one is massive

seeing as i had a free afternoon today i though i would fit the cooler, was not so straight forward to fit as the others due to its size.

i still have the bumper to put back on so thats a job for tomorrow.

I have a hybrid turbo coming from relentless to test, should be good fun and cant wait.

my valves arrived from usa and they sent the wrong ones, the company is not playing ball so im stuck with the black nitrated ones now:( still there slightly better than oem.

thats all for now
sam

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Covers look good mate, are they the ecs ones or something? I was gonna swap my forge one for them.

yeah ecs m8

Sam your mental mate :D, 3 intercoolers. What was arong with the last one?

nothing wrong with the apexi cooler, just been reading up on this massive toyo cooler and they are proving to be a great setup for hybrid. apexi cooler is forsale now

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Sam, your updates are rocking as ever, some advise though, lose the large bar and plate type coolers, the amount you go through just get a higher flow fin/tube type, Forge big race rings a bell, I speaking from expierence and drop the piston type DV's, there super slow and need maintence, don't wanna be a downer on your updates(I read all of them as they come in), love them, just wanna see u in the right direction.

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Thanks robbie for your advise, i will run some test on the new cooler. This cooler bill at b5 actually rates it well as its the same as wellys, welly is still running this cooler even on bt. The inlets on this cooler are the correct size so no bottle necking. Im sure welly said he only lost 0.5psi pressure loss across the core. the forge 008 is very fast indeed, well much quicker than the 007 anyway.

Spirit Furtive

Nov 20, 2010
Oxfordshire
How was the apexi cooler mate? You hardly had it fitted any time at all! Also since I haven't commented on it yet that new exhaust tip looks MILES better than the old letter box one.

chazneybcupra r

massive FMIC FTW ! :)

i noticed that you used to have the tx autosport fmic. just curious on how they perform as im thinking of purchasing ?

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Thanks robbie for your advise, i will run some test on the new cooler. This cooler bill at b5 actually rates it well as its the same as wellys, welly is still running this cooler even on bt. The inlets on this cooler are the correct size so no bottle necking. Im sure welly said he only lost 0.5psi pressure loss across the core. the forge 008 is very fast indeed, well much quicker than the 007 anyway.

.5psi !!. If you are happy with it then good ;), just make sure you pipe work is spot on, Welly hard piped his iirc.

Also the piston DV from forge i have lost all faith in, their slow need to be serviced.

Here are tests a car mag did on DV recovery, the lower the number the better the DV, Forge did not fair well.

"The following is a test on reaction time that a car mag did on various dv on the market.
What you are looking at is after the release, when the driver heads back to WOT, how quick the valve recovers. All tests were run at 9 psi.

At the first point of 100% throttle:
DSM 1G/evo DV = 2 psi
DSM 1G/evo DV/crushed = 1 psi
DSM 2G DV plastic = 3.5 psi
WRX DV = 3 psi
FD3S DV = 4.5 psi
R32 GTR DV = 3 psi
Bosch DV = 3 psi
A'pexi twin chamber BOV = 4 psi
Bailey DV = 4 psi
Blitz super sound BOV = 2 psi
HKS SSQV BOV = 3.5 psi
Stratmosphere hyperboost adjustable DV = 4.5 psi
Vortech race BOV = 3 psi
Forge piston ram BOV = 5.5 psi
Forge piston ram DV = 4 psi
Greddy type S DV = 2 psi
Greddy type R DV = 3 psi "

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
.5psi !!. If you are happy with it then good ;), just make sure you pipe work is spot on, Welly hard piped his iirc.

Also the piston DV from forge i have lost all faith in, their slow need to be serviced.

Here are tests a car mag did on DV recovery, the lower the number the better the DV, Forge did not fair well.

"The following is a test on reaction time that a car mag did on various dv on the market.
What you are looking at is after the release, when the driver heads back to WOT, how quick the valve recovers. All tests were run at 9 psi.

At the first point of 100% throttle:
DSM 1G/evo DV = 2 psi
DSM 1G/evo DV/crushed = 1 psi
DSM 2G DV plastic = 3.5 psi
WRX DV = 3 psi
FD3S DV = 4.5 psi
R32 GTR DV = 3 psi
Bosch DV = 3 psi
A'pexi twin chamber BOV = 4 psi
Bailey DV = 4 psi
Blitz super sound BOV = 2 psi
HKS SSQV BOV = 3.5 psi