Sam's boost leak machine :) now with a fat arse :D

Pyro

Right just a quick readers ride for y'all

A little info on the
Car:
2001 MK1 leon cupra she's cover 128,048 miles to date (23ed of January 2011) i've owned the car since march 2010 not had to many problems just the normal ones really, window REG, leaky seals, etc but all in all been a good car to me :)

Mods:
Stage two Revo map with SPS3 switch
3" blueflame downpipe
Decat
2.5" full stainless steel supersprint system
Toyo T.I.P
Toyo catch tank
Toyo FMIC (front mount intercooler)
N249 bypass
Jetex filter with small cold feed
Lots of blue hoseing
Forge 007p recirculating valve with yellow spring and shim
Bolt down coilpacks from awesome
Boost gauge and pillar pod (soon to be changed)
Stubby airel
Audi rs6 wheels
Rear limo tints
4bar FPR
Lowered slightly 30mm koni springs
Tinted rear lights
privet No.plate
10mm phenolic gasket
11mm front 16 rear wheel spacers

And a PG tips monkey on the dash

Mods to come:
Centre vents boost gauges (pic on page two)
Powder-coated wheels
Coilies
Hybrid Ko3 withcustom stage 3 map bill's 3" T.I.P and all other supporting MODS
Cupra R splitter (to match the wheels)
Angel eyes

and im sure ill find more
Here's a few snaps of her in all her glory :)
2ed70492.jpg
e78b4e96.jpg
1d6964a7.jpg

547ddfcd.jpg
244b296a.jpg

436364b1.jpg
MF4M2062.jpg
0ac7c307.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
nice read so far mate :)
i think you should put some pics of when you first fitted your fmic as this was your high point on scn :p only kidding m8, however it was funny :lol:

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
I remember reading that thread with both amazement and awe, car looks well though mate the RS6 wheels really suit it massively!!!

Pyro

Thanks guys :) well as you all want it you can have it

You all know I fooked my FMIC up the first time so hears some pics to show you how it's not done ;)
MF4M0889.jpg
ea3309df.jpg
075fc5f0.jpg

And for comparison here's how it should be

bff2db6c.jpg
d10a200b.jpg
478b999b.jpg

So there ya go we defo learn by are mistakes lol but is all in good shape now and working nicely :D

Pyro

Just an update of things to come ;) next will be my gauges
d569d8cf.jpg

Then will be having the wheels done in this :)
cc106b9e.jpg
:D

After these will be looking into Ko4/Ko4 hybrid upgrades and start saving. :D also gunna refit catch tank this week check for any split pipes ( just to be safe) and have ago at fitting the strut brace :)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
The silly coloured wheel's crew could be gaining another recruit then :D

I've definately seen this car in the metal when someone owned it where I lived. Those Coil Pack clamps were on there when you bought it correct?

Pyro

You certainly will mr ape :D :p

yea they were mate when I got it had coilpack bolt down kit, remap, and exhaust, think that's it (scratches head)

I bought it from kent but I know it was in the midlands at some point but tge guys name began with a J ;) can't actuly remember it tho :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Aye that's right, remember "testing" it against my LCR just after I bought it :cartman: The reg was on it when it was in the Midlands, the owner before the lad (oxygen theif) I know, was called Jay and he did ask to have the plate back but it never happened.

Good to see you're looking after it better than the numpty I know who had it! Looks like its getting some love now.

Pyro

She certainly is :D and all my pennies to :( was it faster back then? Lol one my mates owned it befor me to which was strange lol said age was pushing 230 back then :cry:

Pyro

Well I've been looking into hybrids today :D and I'm looking at around £2,500 ish for everything I need :( better start saving am moving next month so that will help and will be able to fit lcr splitter coz I won't have a ramp anymore :funk: bit I think I'll wait till I get wheels done and have it sprayed at the same time ;)

Pyro

Mad wheel(s) colour are good,cos it's diff, and it's a case of "Marmite"
Orange over black look goods

Cheers fella I love orange as rule ;) lol but love made wheels to I'm a big fan of apes car think it looks mint

Looking forward to seeing the orange when you get them done. suppose I'll have t get my wheels done too. what goes with yellow?

Black and yellow look amazing maye you should get him to them while it's in might knock it down a little bit ;)