sticky VAG Injectors VOSA LINK

TJMO

Guys Google: sticky VAG Injectors VOSA LINK. Look at 4th one down (vagoc.co.uk)

Poverty

This from a guy on audi-sport.net who has brought the matter to the attention of vosa ..............

Update from VOSA

They have had a meeting today with regards to this issue as it seems to be affecting anything with a 170 engine judging from the reports they have been getting. They want as many people as are affected to step forward and file a report to see how widespread the issue is and officially who's affected by this. They will be contacting VAG shortly and it will take up to 6 weeks to get an official response.

Let's see them make an excuse to VOSA about FASH now, (if FASH made any difference, we wouldn't have people asking like beggars for goodwill gestures, or getting the fault in the first place!)

Please please please get other people involved, on other forums or someone you know may have been affected. Even you guys that have had the injectors swapped, please file a report, it takes 2 minutes online and can help everyone.

I (we) are not after free injectors, I couldn't care less about them at this point. The fact Audi/VAG are STILL letting people drive around with a ticking timebomb IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM. If they don't sort this problem out and get away with it, they'll be more inclined to sweep other "coincidences" under the rug too.

Please file, give VOSA the ammo they need, please re-post on other forums, anything with a 170 is affected:

VOSA LINK:
www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/onlineservices/vehicledefects.htm

sorin83

There are no symptoms... The engine dies out of the blue leaving you without power stearing and brakes. Ifyou're lucky you'll be alone in the car when it happends and at a low speed near a towing truck/platform.
In other words it's an accident waiting to happen. :)

cogdoc

I have to let you guys know that all the lads from down under are watching and hoping you guys can force something out of VAG, we are having the same terrible failure / dismissal experience from the dealers.

Bora

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
Had letter from VOSA stating received and actioning so get your issues new and old in referring to these injectors.

jfarhead

Some more info on the status of a recall from VOSA (no recall yet), email below...

======================

To answer your question. Yes VOSA are still in talks with the VW Group.
They currently have in place a process with their Customer care teams where
they will replace all 4 injectors and the loom free of charge for any
customers who are concerned about this issue.

The VW group are currently in the process of preparing a more customer
friendly solution, and therefore they are trying to build sufficient
parts stock to achieve this.

Using the following customer care contact numbers should be able to sort
any issues they may have regarding this concern.
Volkswagen (Tel 0800 0833914)
Audi (Tel 0800 699888)
Seat (Tel 0500 222222)
Skoda (Tel 08457 745745)

======================

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Some more info on the status of a recall from VOSA (no recall yet), email below...

======================

To answer your question. Yes VOSA are still in talks with the VW Group.
They currently have in place a process with their Customer care teams where
they will replace all 4 injectors and the loom free of charge for any
customers who are concerned about this issue.

The VW group are currently in the process of preparing a more customer
friendly solution, and therefore they are trying to build sufficient
parts stock to achieve this.

Using the following customer care contact numbers should be able to sort
any issues they may have regarding this concern.
Volkswagen (Tel 0800 0833914)
Audi (Tel 0800 699888)
Seat (Tel 0500 222222)
Skoda (Tel 08457 745745)

======================

Nice one.

Can the mods not make this a sticky???

ro8

Mar 23, 2010
Suffolk
think of the cost. Hopefully its only a matter of time before they are made to. I have a 5 yr old pd170 and im worried about it happening

sclarkson82

Aug 22, 2011
Barnsley
I have a 2007 170 fr and a couple of times it has cut out on me, but always restarted, seat say they suspect injector or injectors but cant action until it faults permanent