doesnt rev over 2.5 - normal?

DBD19

Feb 9, 2011
before i ring up the steraler and look a prat for asking the question thought i would ask it here and look a prat here, but need to know.

car: FR TDI CR

now it all started when i wanted to hear what my exhaust sounds like. so i did the following

started up and in Park i plant accelerator but even when full depressed the revs only went to around 2500 and that was it.....

is this normal? or am i being a prat?

as when driving the care is fine and rev's to redline in sport mode.....

first thought was it was in limp mode but no lights showing so please help put my mind at rest

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
turn off the ESP / TCS, it should rev freely then ;)

is normal though, in the manual car if you can balance the clutch well enough it makes for quite a useful launch control system too :p (although not to be confused with a true launch system, which it isnt... its a safety mechanism to stop you over revving the car when stationary and to stop you looking like a nob trying to bounce the car off the limiter)...

Last edited:

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
No, also on manual too. It regularly gets confused with launch control however it's there as a protection mechanism and also to stop the driver looking like a ****. ;-)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
No, also on manual too. It regularly gets confused with launch control however it's there as a protection mechanism and also to stop the driver looking like a ****. ;-)

Agreed

As said above though it can be used as a kind of launch control but shouldnt be confused with launch control

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
it's on petrol cars too. by pass it by turning off esp, dipping clutch and putting it in gear.if you want to,that is!

SteveWM

Jul 12, 2016
West Midalnds
Hi there,

Just come on to this forum so Hello to start with I guess.

I'm getting this exact 'idle limiter' when driving. Battery off reset sometimes cures it and the logs taken on 004, 008, 011 all look spot one. No codes in VCDS.

Its like the car thinks the handbrake is on when it isn't!

anyone come across this before?

Cheers

Steve

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.