LukeWS Bocanegra plus a few pics of old MK4 ibiza

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester
Firstly is my a few old pics of my old ibiza mk4, was only a little 1.2 but it was a perfect first car :)

The pictures aren't very good as I've just found them on a old memory card but the mods went as far as:

LED sidlights
LED reg plate lights
Red LED lighting in the footwells and map Lights.
Red calipers.
Limo tint rear glass.

521e5b5b-b482-6460.jpg

521e5b5b-b49d-6367.jpg

521e5b5b-b4ac-4ae2.jpg

521e5b5b-b4c9-dda1.jpg

521e5b5b-b4e5-41b9.jpg

521e5b5b-b505-564c.jpg

521e5b5b-b513-bea8.jpg

521e5b5b-b525-7018.jpg

521e5b5b-b536-880a.jpg

Last pic shows lights before (left) and after (right)

In sept last year I decided to upgrade as the insurance companys were being a bit fairer, a month later I became the proud owner of a new Candy White Bocanegra! :D

521e5b5b-b65a-cb28.jpg

521e5b5b-b668-14e1.jpg

521e5b5b-b678-1624.jpg

Since then I have added the classic bocanegra front bumper badge, changed the indicator bulbs to chrome, LED sidelights and reg plate lights, put whiter glowing bulbs in the front and tinted the rear windows. Some before and afters are compared to my mums ibiza as I rushed into it without taking before pics :)

Front badge.

521e5b5b-b746-a55b.jpg

LEDS

521e5b5b-ba09-6fc2.jpg

521e5b5b-b795-9380.jpg

Indicator bulbs.

Before.

521e5b5b-baa8-2f48.jpg

After.

521e5b5b-bab7-2561.jpg

And finally after spending a while removing the bumper got the whiter bulbs in :)

521e5b5b-bee9-35a6.jpg

521e5b5b-bef5-d65a.jpg

521e5b5b-b844-f824.jpg

521e5b5b-b883-3634.jpg

521e5b5b-b895-e94b.jpg

Also recently been on a trip round the east coastal roads with 2 mates, stopped off and got a couple of pics in cromer. Bit amature pics but oh well :)

521e5b5b-b8fa-b370.jpg

521e5b5b-b90b-558f.jpg

521e5b5b-b926-a48a.jpg

Thats all for now will upload more pics when future mods are done cheers for reading :)

Last edited:

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester
Future mods

Gloss black roof and diffuser.
Gloss black alloys with white calipers.
Smoked side repeators and a stubby aerial.
Sideskirts.
Fly eye the rear lights.

Any other suggestions are welcome :)

Tom_tsi

Car looks great buddy! :) wished my insurance company was fairer :'(

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester
Cheers matey! :) yeah unfortunatly insurance companys stop us doing a lot of things at our age dont they. I take it your a bit younger like me and dont enjoy nice cheap policys of £200ish :p Have you tried putting your mum & dad on as named drivers? that brought my quote down by around 450 and i know some companys do a offer where you pay 10 months and get a full years no claims. Brounght mine down from 1400ish to 900 :) Still steep but made it a bit easier to accept lol

Aug 3, 2011
Cars looking great:)good on.you taking the bumper off and what not. How difficult was it? I'm wanting to set up an inter cooler spray system for it.

Jay

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester
Hello mate cheers! :) the bumper wasn't to bad to be honest I found a video on one of the threads here I can't remember what ones but if you search bumper removal I'm sure you'll find it :) and I used forges twintercooler manual to help aswell http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/INTBOC.pdf hopefully that link works obv don't remove the driptray etc :) but the basics of it where 3 or 4 screws behind each wheel arch then 3 under neath on each side make sure they are the correct 3 as I removed the wrong 3 firstly haha. Then there are 4 flathead fittings under the bonnett you turn 90 degrees and lift out. The tricky bit was then unclipping the bumper the last clip on either side was a nightmare just be very careful and then I'd say with help ease if forward off 2 big clips that are at the front of the bumper just above the number plate.

I will find the youtube vid for you aswell when I'm home as my phones useless lol its german but just note down what he does and you should be fine :)

Yeah the screen washers where part of the winter pack he "threw in" for me to try and speed up me signing the ditted line haha xenons I think where £900 extra and a 12 week wait :(

Tom_tsi

Cheers matey! :) yeah unfortunatly insurance companys stop us doing a lot of things at our age dont they. I take it your a bit younger like me and dont enjoy nice cheap policys of £200ish :p Have you tried putting your mum & dad on as named drivers? that brought my quote down by around 450 and i know some companys do a offer where you pay 10 months and get a full years no claims. Brounght mine down from 1400ish to 900 :) Still steep but made it a bit easier to accept lol

Yeah i know it's abit annoying really just because im 19 they think I'm going to be racing every where, I blame too fast too furious lol :p well I can't complaine really my old car was a mk4 golf only a 1.4 and that was 1400 to insure and with the seat it's 400 pound cheaper for some mad reason :s can't complain though the seats faster :p Yeah there already on but it goes in post codes and I think I'm one of the expensive ones unfortunately :(

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester
Yeah I'm 21 in august and my renewals looking at around 900 still it hasn't dropped or anything from the previous year which does my head in why get a no claims bonus if it stands for nothing [:@] i dont know about my postcode but my brothers looking at £2k quotes for a 1.2 mk4 ibiza so not the best haha

Back on the subject of the car though all booked in for the spoiler to be painted and fitted and the diffuser to be painted gloss black whilst its there on the 13th of august :D big thanks to SERE for sorting me out with the spoiler :)

Lukeyy

Apr 10, 2012
Watford
Have you got the link for them LED side bulbs? Are they giving you any Cambus errors? They look very nice I'm sick of my standard ones

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester
Have you got the link for them LED side bulbs? Are they giving you any Cambus errors? They look very nice I'm sick of my standard ones

Hello mate search 300674214309 on ebay and they should come up :) with the canbus if I turn the ignition on but not the engine every 1 in 10 times it'll register a blown bulb but if the engines running I have only had the error light flash up once so I can't complain :) very very cheap aswell lol

Lukeyy

Apr 10, 2012
Watford
Hello mate search 300674214309 on ebay and they should come up :) with the canbus if I turn the ignition on but not the engine every 1 in 10 times it'll register a blown bulb but if the engines running I have only had the error light flash up once so I can't complain :) very very cheap aswell lol

Thanks mate :) wow there cheap!! Sweet ride you got aswell

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester
Yeah I've found similar ones for more don't know what the difference is but let me know how they go :) they've had some mixed reviews btw mate so I think its luck of the draw with them! Haha thanks matey! :)

Tom_tsi

Yeah I'm 21 in august and my renewals looking at around 900 still it hasn't dropped or anything from the previous year which does my head in why get a no claims bonus if it stands for nothing [:@] i dont know about my postcode but my brothers looking at £2k quotes for a 1.2 mk4 ibiza so not the best haha

Back on the subject of the car though all booked in for the spoiler to be painted and fitted and the diffuser to be painted gloss black whilst its there on the 13th of august :D big thanks to SERE for sorting me out with the spoiler :)

I'd be happy with that on a 1.4tsi! But yeah does take the mic really, well when I had my corsa c 1.0 I'd been driving it just over a year and they put it up 200 quid and then I got them down to the same price as before but it was insurance group 1 the only thing cheaper is to walk :s well my gf just passed and she's the same age as me and she's paying 700 fully comp I don't know how's she's done it :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.