Hid kit interfering with radio

Danno1975

Oct 1, 2013
Hello, installed a terminator HID kit in my projector headlamps last night and have suffered radio interference each time the xenons are on. I assume it's the electronic ballast because as soon as I turn the lights of the interference stops.

Has anyone had this or is there an established fix?.

I've mailed the shop too for advice, wasn't too bad this morning but last night I lost capital and heart totally and was stuck with some awful music on radio1 that was fuzzy too.

Recently fitted a new booster Ariel (own seat) as the old one was corroded it's been fine to date and is fitted to an aftermarket pioneer HU with a proper booster adaptor.

Cheers.

Last edited:

R12_NLY

How would the ferrite core fit?? Would you get the rings to go around the cable or some sort of block to strap to the ballast?

Danno1975

Oct 1, 2013
Cheers guys, it's a paina s I spent the first month with no radio thanks to a fail Ariel and connects 2 cable, not it's all working it's being interfered with :). I,ll take a look on eBay. Assume you only need 1 per headlight?! or one per ballast?.

R12_NLY

If you find any suited to the ballasts Danno post a link up if you would

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
As long as you get the right sizes you can either just clip it over cable that plugs into original light fitting or loop the cable through twice

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
G0052974_tcm24-636186.gif

Excuse the fact it's for a printer

ferremi.jpg

Last edited:

Danno1975

Oct 1, 2013
Sorry Anarchy can you clarify if you mean the eom twin wires that plug into the hid wires?. Or to the new hid harness?.

Sorry to be thick.

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
I've been doing some research and now I can't decide where to put them lol but I'd say the wires that plug into the oem harness (used to plug onto bulb)

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
My terminator kit is fine. I mounted the ballets away from the battery area, and didn't mount them on any metal body parts.

Luke

Danno1975

Oct 1, 2013
My terminator kit is fine. I mounted the ballets away from the battery area, and didn't mount them on any metal body parts.

Luke

I still need to do a full fit on mine, just double tapped onto the inner wing at present with ballasts dangling.

I've decided to start making them fully legal too.

Check this.

http://www.europaspares.com/universal-headlight-washer-kit.html
http://www.auto-essentials.co.uk/ec...headlight-washer-kit-12volt-litre-p-2993.html

Once fitted I wont use as in fairness I always pull the fuse on my cars with official Xenons as they generally fail/leak, and the telecopics normally shoot off, they are pants at cleaning lights too and make your bonnet dirty, but I'll be road legal and MOT proof. (HID's are in Projectors with the manual levelling fitted (was a easy to do!!) (I just need to source the auto part and I am gold).

I like being legal I do :)...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.