climatronic issue

RSCE

Dec 22, 2015
hi guys, i:cry: have a leon cupra r AMK and all of a sudden the climatronic keeps blowing fuse number 5 but only when the car moves forward, and now it blows as soon as the ignition is switched on, I have used a Delphi machine and it returned these codes

00604 positioning motor pressure damper intermittent possible short circuit to positive
00792 pressure switch climate control system possible short to ground, permanent
01206 time signal ignition off faulty signal intermittent

would these codes cause the fuse to keep blowing? and I have looked for the pressure switch but unsure of the location, I believe it is on the bulkhead somewhere?

if anyone could provide any help/pics of location I would be very grateful
many thanks in advance

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi mate, sorry to hear about your issues. I think code 00792 is probably the most likely as it's a permanent short to ground and that would cause the fuse to keep blowing. That code comes back as http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00792 Switch F129.

The code about the ignition time off comes back as http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01206 Not seen that one before, seems it could be any number of things listed in that link, maybe sort the switch first and then deal with this one after?

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Here you go mate, switch F129 is item 9 in the pic below. According to elsawin is has a self sealing valve that it screws on to, so you should be fine to remove it without needing to empty the refridgerant from the system. I'd check the wiring to it looks ok but in all likelyhood i would expect that the switch itself has probably failed.
pressure%20switch2_zpsq2t0fdhw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A close up view of it below for you too

pressure%20switch_zps34vcgqyi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

RSCE

Dec 22, 2015
thanks for the quick and detailed replies guys, ill take a look in the light tomorrow morning and post the out come, cant thank you enough been looking for a while and been led on a goose chase, ive had half the dash out haha thanks again

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
No worries mate, there's so many parts to the climatronic system the it can be a complete nightmare to know where anything is.

RSCE

Dec 22, 2015
hi quick update I found the pressure sensor and disconnected it but still the car blows fuses, I then disconnected the a/c compressor and the car didn't blow the fuse at all, but after a 50 mile drive the fuse blew again so back to square one,
someone told me that the engine oil sender works off the same fuse so if this is true could this be causing the fuse to keep blowing?

many thanks in advance

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Sorry to hear that mate, does the wiring connector look ok, nothing obviously shorting out there? There is a list of fuses here, http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3510667&postcount=6
It looks like fuse 25 is just for climate, i'd find it surprising if the oil sender was on the same fuse as that's a 25amp fuse and the sender is very low current,but it could be i guess.
I'll look up that other 00604 positioning motor pressure damper intermittent possible short circuit to positive code on elsawin tomorrow and i'll let you know what it refers to.

Last edited:

RSCE

Dec 22, 2015
Thank you very much, been having a mess this afternoon and it seems like some water may have got in the back of the dash, we had a good rain shower and the carpet is wet right up under the glove box,
Really appreciate your help mate thank you

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
No probs mate, i've looked it up now and the 00604 code is for a fault in the (V71) air flow flap control motor, in the aircon. That code refers specifically to a fault with the (G113) potentiometer (variable resistor) in that V71 unit, if that makes sense. Diagrams to follow.....

Untitled_zps1hotmet6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

16 - Dynamic pressure air flap- Servomotor -V71-* (with potentiometer -G113-): removing and installing → Chapter

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I believe it's behind the glove box or dash area as this guide to removing it says
V71_zpswnw846bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

V71part%202_zpst6od5e3v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hope that's some help for you buddy, elsawin doesn't say anything else about it other than that, it's quite vauge tbh.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Also did some digging about and the other things which are connected to fuse 5 are:
Air conditioning, heater blower, convenience system, sunroof,CCS, electric mirrors,radiator fan,heated seats and finally the OBD2 diagnostic connector too. Possible that one of these is the cause instead i guess.

Re the water in the dash, the most likely cause is the seal on the pollen filter casing, it's fitted behind the black plastic panel on the passenger side, between the bonnet the windscreen.

Last edited:

RSCE

Dec 22, 2015
Again, thanks very much, I need to get this software haha ill have a go at getting that part out, so far I have disconnected the oil level sender and the air con compressor and drove about 30 miles without the fuse blowing, but that may be because we've had no rain haha :happy: can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me out with this issue, you're a legend mate! Merry Christmas!!!

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
No worries, merry xmas to you too mate :) The software is called elsawin and is available on ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elsawin-v...918500?hash=item1c5e2a5b64:g:gUsAAOSwNphWbGUN It's a bit of a pain to install but once done it's very useful. Let me know how it goes with regards to the fuse.

Also found you this better image, it's item 23, guessing it's just a mirror image for a right hand drive car

g113_zpsmrypljkc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

RSCE

Dec 22, 2015
Hi mate, since disconnecting the oil level sensor in the sump the fuse to the climate control has not blown and is working fine, I also bought a copy of Elsawin and have installed it now, however not all of it seems to work, is there a section that you can search DTC issues on it? Thanks again for your help :D

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi mate, since disconnecting the oil level sensor in the sump the fuse to the climate control has not blown and is working fine, I also bought a copy of Elsawin and have installed it now, however not all of it seems to work, is there a section that you can search DTC issues on it? Thanks again for your help :D

You're welcome buddy and no theres no DTC help section as such. Some of the features actually need a login/connection to VW/SEAT's servers etc, so it's not possible. Alot of the info you will find under random sections of the "workshop repair guide" section, and the "Strict maintanence" sections. as well as in the circuit diagrams for electrical things, Have a good dig about and you'll be surprised what you can find.

For fault codes the best place by far is http://www.ross-tech.com/ and use their search function

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.