seat leon 1.8 fr sports exhaust

duaneoates

Jun 6, 2016
I am about to order the seat leon 1.8 fr. I need some help deciding on the standard exhaust or paying extra for the sports exhaust....will it make the car sound better or is it simply a cosmetic thing?

duaneoates

Jun 6, 2016
Thanks for the reply.
That's the one I have been looking at....I don't think it's worth the extra cash if it's just a look.
At the moment i have a BMW 120d m sport, love the car but want to get back to petrol. The 1.8fr has me sold already!! good performance and you get a lot with the tech pack

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

MattFR

Jun 6, 2016
Hi,

Just made an account especially to help you make an informed decision. I can tell you there is a difference between the standard exhaust and sports exhaust in terms of noise. The standard one is silent. Sports one gives a low rumble at low rpm aswell as giving a louder note at speed which is audible to others but does not intrude into the cabin. It's a great upgrade to set yourself apart from all the diesel FR's out there, and looks absolutely incredible.

duaneoates

Jun 6, 2016
Thanks mate that's helpful!! Did you also get the aerodynamic body kit or just upgrade the rear bumper?

MattFR

Jun 6, 2016
Thanks mate that's helpful!! Did you also get the aerodynamic body kit or just upgrade the rear bumper?

Hi,

I only have the rear bumper and exhaust, somebody scraped my original one in a car park so it was the kick up the bum to get it done . Looks good though considering I don't have the rest of the kit, it has been designed to still look good as a standalone fit.

Matt

Kraken

May 31, 2016
UK
Does anyone have any audio comparisons between the stock FR 1.8 exhaust and the "sports" exhaust in terms of audio? I too would like to know if there is a sound comparison between the two :).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members