Emissions Update Engine Problems

sullirw

Oct 31, 2014
Recently got my car (2.0 CR170) updated through a Seat dealer and have noticed harsh noises when accelerating (just over 3000rpm) with the fan staying on for a while after I switch off the engine. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? They also forgot to fold the fabric battery cover back over, seems to be a common thing with dealers!

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
My car 's just been in for the emissions "fix"read different things online about this some say that the emissions are higher than before the fix but without any data to compare don't know I'd have liked if one of the tuners who advertise on here would've offered their rollers for a before &after compare.
But back to the point I've not noticed any noise increase &it still feels as lively as before! !:):)
(Cr170tdi)

Sampd170

Jan 9, 2015
Shropshire
Hey Guys,

I'm waiting on mine to go in for the emissions fix so in the mean time have had it on the rollers to get a printout of what its running it will be going on the rollers after the fix to check for a difference. However how is it that you've had the fix already I still seem to be waiting, did Seat get in touch with you or.....????? Just want it done now!!!!

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Hey Guys,

I'm waiting on mine to go in for the emissions fix so in the mean time have had it on the rollers to get a printout of what its running it will be going on the rollers after the fix to check for a difference. However how is it that you've had the fix already I still seem to be waiting, did Seat get in touch with you or.....????? Just want it done now!!!!

yeah seat sent me a letter sayin vw had now come up with a "FIX"&phone local dealer 2 book it in so phoned em&they gave me appointment within a couple o weeks from when I phoned gave me courtesy car as they said they'd need it all day(f%*kn citroen c1 well at least it's better than bus ride home:lol:) it'll b interestin 2 see what figures u get b4&after post em when it's done i'd love 2 know:)

Sampd170

Jan 9, 2015
Shropshire
Hmmm, thinking about giving my local dealer a buzz after hearing that, where are you located out of interest?
Will definitely let people know as its something that will tick me off if it changes might even start my first thread haha

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Hmmm, thinking about giving my local dealer a buzz after hearing that, where are you located out of interest?
Will definitely let people know as its something that will tick me off if it changes might even start my first thread haha

SHEFFILD nearest dealer 2me's Autoworld Chesterfield yeah there's dealer I'n sheff but c/field's easier:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members