AUX input buzzing?

LeonDood

Jan 29, 2014
Anyone else have this problem?

When I flick to AUX mode and have my jack cable attached my speakers always emit a buzzing sound?

Tried different cables and get the same result. Its not too bad when I have music playing from my phone, however my phone intermittently switches to google voice commands which drives me insane! Something is causing it to mess with my phone's microphone input. (never happens when using other aux inputs, just in my car)

Also the actual AUX input near the handbrake is very loose and the whole socket just pops out! Can this be secured easily? Like even if I try and unplug the jack cable without holding down the socket it just comes out of the center console mold.

Got a feeling I might need to get an auto electrician on this :/

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Could be anything to do with your setup. Are your speakers standard, is your radio standard?

The buzzing is interference which it is getting from somewhere, most probably electrical interference where something hasn't been grounded. If you google buzzing from speakers there are plenty of articles.

Darbo

May 24, 2015
My mk2 fr does this until I plug my ipod classic in, then it dies down, still audible if you pay attention but you can't hear it when it's in use, however before I plug it in the racket is unreal.

Jack.7

Mar 3, 2016
I had this exact problem, I soon realised though it was the actual cable and not the aux input or the speakers.

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
My K1 does the same thing chap.
Drives me nuts!
In fact I'm about to fit a single din head unit.

The reason the buzzing happens,is because the IPhone has already amplified the music before its left the phone,the Seat headunit is then looking to boost it again before playing & so you get the buzzing.
Trust me you can't get round it.
I forked out for a new Aux switch,and a lead with lifetime guarantee ,made sod all difference.

CHRI55

Yes its been Tango'd
Oct 15, 2006
Norfolk
I get this. But only when I have it using a USB flash drive. Using the radio there is no problem.

Now I can get this to change, I have the xenon head lights if that makes any difference. But When im driving and its buzzing, I flick the lights of, with the switch and the buzzing stops. Put the lights back on and somtimes the noise is gone. Obviously dont do this when its totaly dark but give it a go.
Just dont understand how could the lights cause this interference.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.