flip key

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
danregs said:
well thats two conflicting answers from Awesome_Andy and SpareMan....

Yes and no, lol ! I was trying to explain where confusion arises.

Try this as another reason all frequencies are the same. The remotes that go on the current Ibiza and old Leon are also Mk 4 Golf parts. The remotes that go on the new Leon / Altea / new Toledo are Golf Mk 5 parts. The remotes that go on the Alhambra obviously also work on the Sharan.

Now if these respective parts had slightly different frequencies why do they have the same part number? You can't expect a picker at the VWG warehouse to know (because he wont) what brand of car he is picking a part for if a replacement is required, he just picks to the part number.

chisel

Jan 15, 2006
any luck with the flip key ?

I want one as well! some people in Poland have it but they can't you the buttoms on it ;(

Can anyone explain me how to do the locking/unlocking from the key ? some people in Poland have it but they can't you the buttoms on it ;(

cheers,
peter

chisel

Jan 15, 2006
roly said:
Alhambra flip key remote 7M7959753 433.92mhz will work on MK2/3 ibiza

im currently running it on my MK2 and have also done the same on my previous cordy SX and MK3 cupra

if you be so kind and give us instructions step by step how to do it.

cheers,
peter.

chisel

Jan 15, 2006
2 .

-----------------------

The remote you need is from the alhambra 2001 onwards model (the 7M3959753 number is the SEAT part number)

As for the remote the programming of that is easy

key in the ignition and turn so the dash lights come on,
leave it there for a couple of secs and then remove it
hold the lock button down and whilst holding that press the unlock button 3 times
release both buttons and the remote light should flash 5 times but it should also lock and unlock the vehicle programming the remote to the car (This might not work 1st time but does once you get the knack of it)

D O N E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
local key cutter could do it could he to the same spec as your current key?

Just took in your current key and asked him to make a copy in to the ebay one????

I was under the impression they were laser cut by the dealer and thats the only way you could have them cut...but obvisouly not..

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
There's a couple of audi keys with 433.92 on ebay at the minute just wondering if you could change the plastic caseing with a seat one or would a vw key with 433 work as the last part of this thread gets 2 different answers ?

chisel

Jan 15, 2006
guys, you can only buy the remote with the number I gave above! don't even try with others !!!!

you can try Sharan as well, beccause it is the same (same number!) and I found this remote cheaper at VW dealer then Seat dealer !!!

cheers,
peter

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
the part num 7M3959753 is only for the remote half of the flipkey. ie. it doesn't come with the key section. I spoke to SEAT and they said they can only supply the key part aswell if I pay £130 for the remote, key cutting and programming.

I've seen the blank keys on ebay, but they don't have the casing with them. Where have others got there's from...or is it a case of finding a complete flip remote/keyblade from a scrapped car or something and swithing the key blade?