£2000 to spend

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
im after maximum power output from my 20vt cupra, i have approx £2000

is it feasible to get 280-300bhp for this money, ive been looking at ihi turbo, ko4 conversions etc.

what do you think is the best advice for me guys?

i have stage 1 p-torque map and produce 215bhp now but the ko3 is on limit at 230-240 ive heard?

help me, ive got the big power bug and i want it now!!!![:@]

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I dont think £2000 will cut it...

you would need
1) clutch
2) turbo
3) remap
4) brakes
5) suspension/arbs/struts to handle the power and help get it on the road

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
youll need to look at k03 hybrids as a cheaper alternative to ihi/garrett... but not sure if 2k would cover it.

my clutch has been fine and lc brakes are ok for up to about 280/290 with better pads.

but id agree with the suspension/arb bit. needs doing

you need a sorted car to start with handling wise.

fmic too.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
ok fellas, cheers, so what other mods could i do to release the power from the ko3 i have at the moment?

what are the realistic gains to be expected and at what cost, im itching for the power now!!

what are we looking at for a k04 conversion, handling and that is easily sorted imo.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
ok, ive decided im want to go down the route of maximum output from ko3s.

whats needed, to get 240 from the ko3s which i understand is maximum output, am i going to notice this over my existing 215 from stage 1 remap?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
traumapat, what did you do to get 320bhp?

brief history. remap + sports cat gave me 242bhp

then fitted bigger wheels+ eibach springs and shocks.

then arb.

then brembos.

then pro alloy fmic

then a vf23 ihi turbo conversion.

turbo conversion by itself cost 4.5k!

ihi/garrett turbos give good power that hold through the range.

hybrids/k04 may give you better bhp/torque but how long will the power last?

dpj saved cash fitting his own bt. depends if your handy with a spanner.

jamie bennett has looked into k04,garretts ect trying to get 290+. worth bending his ear as hes done lots of research.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
so dp and cat back should give around 240 with remap?

is it worth fitting a tip?

what about a fmic, any point with such low bhp, better with a big turbo ain they?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
so dp and cat back should give around 240 with remap?

is it worth fitting a tip?

what about a fmic, any point with such low bhp, better with a big turbo ain they?

ish... and its a big ish as dyno figures are slated. a sports cat should give around 10bhp the rest comes from the custom map as opposed to load and go generic.... but irrelevant to what figures end up on a graph the sports cat will help everything breath better and give a little more power and hold it better. so a better performing engine and turbo. green panel filter will help too.
try not to get hung up on the numbers the k03s becomes a restriction in itself above 240 but with a good map its a fast enjoyable car.

worth ringing the tuners and ask what they reccomend for what you want. tip may help but i didnt bother.

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
I spent about £1250 on: remap, full Piper exhaust, Carbonio intake, Forge 007P and a Forge TIP. That gave me just over 240bhp on Clive Atthowe's dyno in Norwich. The same car made about 195bhp with just the intake, exhaust and 007P exactly one week earlier on the same dyno.

It's a pretty entertaining car now, compared to the standard performance, but has shown the handling to be a bit soft. I'm resisting a suspension upgrade though as I've only ever been disappointed with aftermarket kits in the past.

I'd chase more power but I'd crash the car for sure!

Last edited:

caveo

If you wanna go big turbo ( IHI ect) it cost me over 5000 quid ( and will cost another 2000 when i get my clutch , flywheel and diff done ) your standard turbo ( k03s) will flow no more than 240bhp ish . PS ill let you av a go in mine if ya want as you live just up the road and i bet youll find the other 3 grand when you feel how 318 bhp pulls. pm me if ya wanna go for a run just pick a dry day lol.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
If you wanna go big turbo ( IHI ect) it cost me over 5000 quid ( and will cost another 2000 when i get my clutch , flywheel and diff done ) your standard turbo ( k03s) will flow no more than 240bhp ish . PS ill let you av a go in mine if ya want as you live just up the road and i bet youll find the other 3 grand when you feel how 318 bhp pulls. pm me if ya wanna go for a run just pick a dry day lol.
very good offer :)

whenever your in london.... :whistle:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
im after maximum power output from my 20vt cupra, i have approx £2000

is it feasible to get 280-300bhp for this money, ive been looking at ihi turbo, ko4 conversions etc.

what do you think is the best advice for me guys?
[:@]

NOS is the only way on that budget +50bhp shot would give a nice kick JBS do these kits

otherwise it's lots of money for little return from the engine

My advice spend £1,000 on the suspension instead (Anti-Roll bars and decent spring and dampers)

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
is it worth fitting a full exhaust system, and a atp manifold to get the gases flowing properly, coupled with a forge tip and a custom remap surely this should achieve maximum from the ko3s?

have decided to leave the bigger turbo option for now just a lot of wonga for the gains, an extra 2000 to get 40-50 hp seem s alot to me at the maoment

cheers guys

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
is it worth fitting a full exhaust system, and a atp manifold to get the gases flowing properly, coupled with a forge tip and a custom remap surely this should achieve maximum from the ko3s?

have decided to leave the bigger turbo option for now just a lot of wonga for the gains, an extra 2000 to get 40-50 hp seem s alot to me at the maoment

cheers guys

Hey James

A full exhaust system and custom mapping may well be the answer to getting a nice power hike again.

P-Torque are currently looking into offering custom exhaust systems, but this is still being discussed :rocker:

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
ok will, ta.

i will go for a full exhaust system, forge tip, forge 007p then call on you for a custom remap mate.

by the way will did you ever get me that quote for the ko4 turbo conversion?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.