Looking for a DYNO pull, any suggestions

PCJunky

Sep 16, 2015
Well I've been chipping away during the beer bug and boxed off my to do jobs/upgrades (I'll should really do a post) and had successfully convinced myself there was really no need to go to stage II - then REVO dropped there summer sale this year =P.

(Yes while petrol was at a record high I paid someone to make my car use more it :D )

Some sensible additions to that parts list and I am now the owner of a full REVO stage II setup and all associated parts.

However...while the car puts to power down way better, and the gearbox is much improved as the saying goes - be carful what you wish for - being less lairy and better behaved it started to playing on my mind, was I actually seeing any more ponies :S

So I nipped in to a local garage with a dyno who I wont name because I don't what there to be any shade, and to be fair he advised me his setup would struggle after 350 bhp on a front wheel drive car, see attached file for result.

On the dyno up to 4500rpm its exceeded my expectations.. but then it falls of a cliff, now as I was warned it could be wheel slip....but the dyno operator said it didn't 'feel' like wheel slip.

Driving the car feels pretty linear on acceleration and not like its out of puff at 4500rpm, but the voice of doubt wont go away.

Does anyone know of a somewhere that can do me a quick power pull in the south Cheshire/north Staffordshire area on a Saturday at a reasonable rate, as I'm not looking for work or diagnostics at this stage (I'd give REVO the option to investigate first to be fair, if I thought something was amiss) but while my first dyno run was very reasonably priced, I nearly fell of my chair when I I contacted the nearest other dyno, they wanted £240 for a single power pull...and didn't seem that interested in doing it.

Attachments

• Dyno_Run.jpg
    Dyno_Run.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 103

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Well I've been chipping away during the beer bug and boxed off my to do jobs/upgrades (I'll should really do a post) and had successfully convinced myself there was really no need to go to stage II - then REVO dropped there summer sale this year =P.

(Yes while petrol was at a record high I paid someone to make my car use more it :D )

Some sensible additions to that parts list and I am now the owner of a full REVO stage II setup and all associated parts.

However...while the car puts to power down way better, and the gearbox is much improved as the saying goes - be carful what you wish for - being less lairy and better behaved it started to playing on my mind, was I actually seeing any more ponies :S

So I nipped in to a local garage with a dyno who I wont name because I don't what there to be any shade, and to be fair he advised me his setup would struggle after 350 bhp on a front wheel drive car, see attached file for result.

On the dyno up to 4500rpm its exceeded my expectations.. but then it falls of a cliff, now as I was warned it could be wheel slip....but the dyno operator said it didn't 'feel' like wheel slip.

Driving the car feels pretty linear on acceleration and not like its out of puff at 4500rpm, but the voice of doubt wont go away.

Does anyone know of a somewhere that can do me a quick power pull in the south Cheshire/north Staffordshire area on a Saturday at a reasonable rate, as I'm not looking for work or diagnostics at this stage (I'd give REVO the option to investigate first to be fair, if I thought something was amiss) but while my first dyno run was very reasonably priced, I nearly fell of my chair when I I contacted the nearest other dyno, they wanted £240 for a single power pull...and didn't seem that interested in doing it.
Just looks like he didnt do a full pull he let of the gas early 😆

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.