£50 to spend - first little mods?

HarveyGTI

ok, as the title suggests £50 to spend on the car this month, in its first week of ownership and modifying her already lol

i think the Fabia rear wiper - what else?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Well the Fabia Wiper is going to set you back £20, so that doesnt leave much. I would invest in some good quality Micro Fibre Towels, Some decent wax and a decent wash mit.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Assuming that you have £50, and the Fabia wiper is about £20, this leaves you £30.

Based on that I'd either:

a) save the money until you have more
b) buy some uprated dogbone bushes (think you may get these for sub £30)
c) buy new number plates (sounds ridiculous, but makes the car look fresher)
d) add £16 and buy a Mk1 S3 upper strut brace (and fit it next month)
e) buy a panel filter for £27 and smooth your airbox by hand for free
f) Caliper paint
g) Upgrade all your bulbs to something that looks a bit more trick (whiter lights)

Nothing else comes to mind......

Whatever you do, don't spend it on e-bay on mods like this: COOKER KNOB

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Fabia Wiper = £20
Honda Sport (S2000 or CTR) aerial = £10 from eBay, possibly less
If you can then stretch to a Green panel filter, I'd go for that. Prob £30ish
If not, get the sunglasses holder from the Golf for around £15 I think?

HarveyGTI

cheers guys

already has a Carbonio CAI and Forge 007P

£50 has just gone out of the window

just booked in the 50k service with Storm Developments as i want to keep up the excellent full service history

so far it has been with Seat and Awesome GTI

service is costing £460 - £340 for the cambelt, but also replacing the crap water pump as the blades on the standard one are plastic and tend to drop off (like they did in my Ibiza Cupra and it over heated)

£120 for the service

will be using Storm from now on as they are very professional

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I went to Uni with Andy & Miles from Storm Developments (assuming its the same one youre going to - near Aldermaston nr. Reading). They lived with me for a whole summer term and helped me change my engine in a Mk2 Jetta 16v when I had barely got ten quid to my name.

If so I can recommend them, they do some really good work. My valve was a flyer after a few magic tweaks.

HarveyGTI

I went to Uni with Andy & Miles from Storm Developments (assuming its the same one youre going to - near Aldermaston nr. Reading). They lived with me for a whole summer term and helped me change my engine in a Mk2 Jetta 16v when I had barely got ten quid to my name.

If so I can recommend them, they do some really good work. My valve was a flyer after a few magic tweaks.

yeah thats the one

visited them when i had the MK3 golf and was very impressed with them, so I will be using them from now on for all my servicing and any parts i need fitting

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members