01135 Fault interior sensor

cordoba lad

Back in the Midlands
May 24, 2005
Warwick
Right I'm hoping someone out there knows what has possibly failed. I've scaned the car for faults today and VAG-com has returned the following code:-

Sunday,21,December,2008,12:17:19:00319
VCDS Version: Release 805.1

Address 46: Central Conv.
Control Module Part Number: 1C0 959 799 F
Component and/or Version: A7 Komfortgerát HLO 0004
Software Coding: 00257
Work Shop Code: WSC 06402
Additional Info: 1C0959802B A7 Tõrsteuer.FS KLO 0202
Additional Info: 1C0959801C A7 Tõrsteuer.BF KLO 0202
Additional Info: 1C0959811A Tõrsteuer.HL KLO 0202
Additional Info: 1C0959812A A7 Tõrsteuer.HR KLO 0202
1 Fault Found:

01135 - Interior Monitoring Sensors
36-00 - Open Circuit

The fault has to be recent because it wasn't picked up at its last service only 2k ago. From what I've seen from a search most people just erase and carry on but I really would love to know what the possible causes are could find anything on it in ELSA. The warrenty is due to finish end of Jan so would like the dealer to fix rather than just erase. Any help would be great.

cordoba lad

Back in the Midlands
May 24, 2005
Warwick
Right the dealer has had it and a new boot catch has been fitted, the fault has now gone away so fingers crossed its now sorted.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
That is sort of interesting but not what I expected to hear, my 2000MY Passat has had an intermittant interior sensor open circuit for about 5 years now, but it is now logged as continuous! I'd sort of expected it to be due to the failure of the RHS or LHS light/sensor assemblies - now you've added the boot contact into the equation - DASH!! Although in the case of the Passat it might be differant as I have a 4X4 so can't fold down the seat backs - so can't upset the interior movement monitoring by opening the boot - but at the same time it is possible to load something through the armrest hatch - so maybe all saloons,hatches and estates have the same interior monitoring control strategy.

Last edited:

cordoba lad

Back in the Midlands
May 24, 2005
Warwick
My problem came about because the rear wash wipe tube had come slightly dislodged and the water wasn't squirting to far up the screen because of the leak into the boot lid. This water got into the switch and stopped it working. Definitely worth checking.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
My problem came about because the rear wash wipe tube had come slightly dislodged and the water wasn't squirting to far up the screen because of the leak into the boot lid. This water got into the switch and stopped it working. Definitely worth checking.

Unfortunately in my case the car is a saloon - so no danger of water getting into the boot lock switch - so I suppose mine will probably just be the interior sensor assemblies that are faulty.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.