1.2 tsi remap

Scotty_

Feb 16, 2013
Well I think ill just wait to map it then cause my warranty still runs for another 19 months ! Don't wanna void my warranty!!

MJC-DEV

It is 100% detectable as soon as seat plug it in to their diagnostics it's flagged and warranty is void so if anything goes wrong with engine that's one expensive bill I know this as I've just paid 1200 for a weeks diagnostics and a new ecu

Hmmm, I think that will put me off as well as have a full year left. So was the ECU damaged by the re- programming or just co-incidence? I guess the warranty offered by C-T didn't pick up the bill although this is exactly what its for I would have thought?
Does the SEAT warranty still exist for the rest of the car and its just the engine not covered?

Mar 13, 2010
The warranty will exist for anything linked to the part, so in terms of a remap they will not warranty the engine, probably not the gearbox or clutch either. Thye have to rpove it is something you installed to not fix it under warranty.

You only void what you have changed so to speak.

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
It went in with under boost and the occasional over boost I suspected sticky turbo actuator and after they plugged into diagnostics machine it instantly flagged ecu modification (T1 code on seats database I believe) I denied that it was remapped and just said it had a trial map via obd 6 months ago that had been removed lol but they then fixed on ecu so ended up replacing but they also said they tried to free up actuator but it was okay mmmm I'm sure, as it now drives better than before map, but I will be going to celtic soon as I have original ecu in boot of car so will get it tested and possibly refitted so see what happens

Lambera03

Mar 24, 2013
Liverpool
I got a chip box for mine from DTS longest going company in the UK that do chip boxes. I now have 134HP and 220nm of torque. Doesn't half change the car 2nd gear is so fun :)

pugboy

Dec 2, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
Hi can you tell me more about the plug in box please? My car might be going back to the dealer in 18 months so its better value for me to have something that I can remove and then sell on again after.

Lambera03

Mar 24, 2013
Liverpool
Hi can you tell me more about the plug in box please? My car might be going back to the dealer in 18 months so its better value for me to have something that I can remove and then sell on again after.

I would recommend getting one mate.

Lambera03

Mar 24, 2013
Liverpool
Arent they 'smoke boxes'?
I've been told they use a lot more fuel as well due to how they work

No :/ you get better mpg with chip boxes and remaps. Doesn't half make a difference on the 1.2tsi I can keep up with my mate in his 1.8 civic which has 140hp

pugboy

Dec 2, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
Does it plug in to the diagnostics port or is it the one that plugs in to injectors? I'm concerned if its the latter as surely its just telling the car to pump in more fuel and assuming the ecu will then fix this by matching it with air etc?
I'd rather have a custom remap, but it is less of a warranty concern and I can sell it on when I get rid of the car in 18 months.

Lambera03

Mar 24, 2013
Liverpool
Does it plug in to the diagnostics port or is it the one that plugs in to injectors? I'm concerned if its the latter as surely its just telling the car to pump in more fuel and assuming the ecu will then fix this by matching it with air etc?
I'd rather have a custom remap, but it is less of a warranty concern and I can sell it on when I get rid of the car in 18 months.

No it bypasses two sensors and relays them back to the processor in the box and then back to the car. I have forgot what they were. But it doesn't just make the car dump more fuel. Also this box has been specifically made for this engine it isn't some cheap crap that is just a universal map. Really good kit and from a top company.

Last edited:

pugboy

Dec 2, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
Yeah I know its not just one of those eBay resister crap things. Ideally I would get a proper remap, but as I said earlier this looks like it could be an option for me. Is there any way of getting a discount or using a cashback site perhaps?

Xanthianx

Apr 5, 2013
Worcester, UK
Yeah I know its not just one of those eBay resister crap things. Ideally I would get a proper remap, but as I said earlier this looks like it could be an option for me. Is there any way of getting a discount or using a cashback site perhaps?

what is putting you off getting a proper remap?
the price is roughly the same

Lambera03

Mar 24, 2013
Liverpool

Usually maps are more expensive from what I have heard. The only benefit a map has is you can tailor it specifically but apart from that I would just get a chip box so much easier. And the performance changes are great :)

Xanthianx

Apr 5, 2013
Worcester, UK
I've recently emailed DNA tuning in Birmingham (not sure if anyone has used them?) , they are an authorised APR mapping shop.

Anyway, turns out APR don't have a map for the 1.2TSI, but DNA have got their own and claims to gain 33bhp which is quite impressive as most only say 25bhp, at the cost of £295.

I've emailed back for more info - torque, mpg, warranty etc..

Last edited:

Lambera03

Mar 24, 2013
Liverpool
I've recently emailed DNA tuning in Birmingham (not sure if anyone has used them?) , they are an authorised APR mapping shop.

Anyway, turns out APR don't have a map for the 1.2TSI, but DNA have got their own and claims to gain 33bhp which is quite impressive as most only say 25bhp, at the cost of £295.

I've emailed back for more info - torque, mpg, warranty etc..

I have got 133hp and 220nm

pugboy

Dec 2, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
I have got 133hp and 220nm

Have you had it on the rolling road then?

Xanthian as I said earlier mate the car will probably go back to SEAT when my payments are up in 15 months time so the £300 for a remap is not as good value for money. I can sell the tuning box on after or get it refurbished (map and connectors etc) for my next car for £47. So its much better value for money in my circumstances. The fact you can unplug it when the car goes in for a service or a warranty claim is a bonus.

Anyway I chucked one on it yesterday and its made the car quite nippy actually. I've always thought of my little FR as being more like a 1.8 petrol at lower revs and a 1.6 at higher revs (the turbo giving it the extra low/mid range grunt). It now feels like a 2.0 throughout the rev range. :)

I would say its 1980's hot hatch performance now after having owned several 205 and Golf GTi's. Its elevated above Saxo VTR/Fiesta Zetec-S performance anyway.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise