1.2L v 1.4L TSI (used)

Aug 13, 2020
I have the 1.4tsi act 150 and it really is a good little engine. Very good on economy and decent power when needed. Very refined for a small engine to. Its effortless around town and economical. It doesn't need many revs to get it moving and just glides along smoothly.
I've seen a few ACT TSi's available. Do you notice any drawbacks like jarring when switching the cylinders on or off?
At low speeds I can hear the engine shuddering and minor lurches as it engages/disengages.
Do all 1.4L EcoTSi 150s have ACT? If so, Honest John doesn't suggest any economy savings over a 1.4L 140 ps without ACT (but maybe HJ has mixed ACT with not ACT in the submissions)

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
I barely notice the change from 4 to 2 cylinders. Very occasionally do I feel anything. I'm not sure if eco tsi means it has act or not. It probably doesn't make a huge difference in mpg for most of us doing town and some fast roads but if your doing motorway runs the I expect the act could make a fair difference.

Reactions: redtee34

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I barely notice the change from 4 to 2 cylinders. Very occasionally do I feel anything. I'm not sure if eco tsi means it has act or not. It probably doesn't make a huge difference in mpg for most of us doing town and some fast roads but if your doing motorway runs the I expect the act could make a fair difference.
Same on my 1.5 TSI.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise