1/4 mile launch technique

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
Hi all

I have been to Santa Pod with my CC'd Cupra R and could only manage a 15.116......

I need some advice on launch techniques what rev's etc should I be ready with etc.... also what time should I expect with a 275bhp Cupra R?

Please let me know any adivce cheers can't be getting done by slower cars.

Thanks
Bruce

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Well BenCtr was there a few weeks ago and he has a 265bhp revo LCR and managed a 14.1 so your a good second off the pace.

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
Mitchy said:
Well BenCtr was there a few weeks ago and he has a 265bhp revo LCR and managed a 14.1 so your a good second off the pace.

I know..... that is why I need help/advice with my launch.... terminal speed was 96mph after a 15.3 so if I can get a decent launch... I forgot the traction control on that one!!!:shrug:

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
same as... 15.3 @ 96 but was VERY slippery. (I've got a feeling it took me 3s to get to 60ft)

Any answers to your question will be apreciated by me too.

Cupra_Jeff

Mar 8, 2005
Kent
On my best run I ended up with 2.2 60' (that was with the 195/45/16's), the best way to launch the Ibiza at least is do a nice burnout at the start to get all the crap off your tyres and warm them up a bit.

Next take the revs round to about 3,500, let the clutch out fast but not too fast, then around 3/4 throttle till 25ish then nail it and your away. 1/4 mile is all about the start....

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
I normally hold mine at about 3,000rpm guys and feed the clutch out fairly quickly.. You will either get grip or spin a bit, dependent upon conditions.. If you're tyres are low, don't even bother.. You want to be looking at a 2.1 60ft really for a near perfect launch.. Also, why people leave the traction control on is beyond me... A half decent driver should be the traction control.. All it'll will do is knock your power out and cost you dearly IMHO..
Low 14's is a must for a remapped LCR.. But all depends on how fierce/quick your changes are etc.. As that WILL make a difference.. I know there was a Revo stage 2 LCR running low 15's the same day as I ran my 14.1, so driver skill is the biggest key I think.. I will be going again very soon, so hope to be in the 13's without to much bother.. Depending on conditions obviously..
Where and when did you run yours mate?

Last edited:

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Brucel said:
Hi all

I have been to Santa Pod with my CC'd Cupra R and could only manage a 15.116......

I need some advice on launch techniques what rev's etc should I be ready with etc.... also what time should I expect with a 275bhp Cupra R?

Please let me know any adivce cheers can't be getting done by slower cars.

Thanks
Bruce
Oh and without sounding to thick.. What's a CC'd Cupra R? :shrug:

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
I ran my at Santa Pod a week after you did your 14.1 apparently...

I will take your advice on the revs and clutch... I know what you mean about the traction control I left it on accidently but my fastest was done with it off on my third out of 4... first time I had ever been down there... I had a good time but like I say I am a novis at this not much of a traffic light racer so no practice.

I generally try to get to track days as they are more fun.... I noticed there that the traction control is a pain in the asss.... Thanks for the advice.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise